! v. student council practices

! proofread

   "ugh, why am I stuck organizing these..." [name] mumbled to herself one sunny afternoon, after school had ended. the school had been planning a play; alice in wonderland, and as the student council secretary, it was her job to organize the events and documents. the papers were parts of a script for the school play. scaramouche had signed up to be the Mad Hatter, teasing the girl that she probably couldn't get the female lead role. in annoyance of this, she had signed up to be Alice. no way she was going to let scaramouche act better than her in this play.

   before joining the student council, she had been in the drama club. scaramouche had no idea how well her acting skills were; she'd been a female lead many times in school plays. last year they did cinderella, and her friend venti was the prince. venti even said that her acting was of something that no novice or expert could achieve. 

"venti, I'm not the best at acting," she had sweatdropped.

"but you're the best actor to me! come on, you're really good!" he had objected.

   she had to snap back to reality, pushing the happy memory from her mind and focused herself on the document. she also had to memorize her script, so she had been practicing in the council room when nobody else was around.

   "I didn't know you were in the student council as well," came a familiar voice. scaramouche had stepped into the room. "it's like you're miss flawless now; perfect grades, in the council, polite and nice, hm?

   "well, I didn't know you were in the council as well..." [name]'s voice trailed off. during the meetings, she had seen a purple-haired boy, but it had always been concealed by a large hat. "huh? aren't you the guy who used to wear a huge hat all the time?"

   "yea, that was before the school banned it," said scaramouche, scowling at the wall, seemingly pretending it was the staff.

"oh," said [name], not knowing how to respond. she went back to organizing the documents.

"organizing documents? you're the secretary, right? I'm the treasurer, I handle the school budget and stuff."

"yep," [name] replied, humming 'As The World Caves In.'

   "hey, you're not so bad of a singer, hm?" scaramouche said, this was quite new to him. seems like the student council secretary had vocal talent.

   "I guess you could say that." [name] shrugged, finishing the documents. "hey, wanna rehearse our scripts together?"

   "sure, it'd give us good practice for cooperation," scaramouche agreed, pulling his script out of his bag. "alright, here's my script, let me see yours."

   [name] passed him her script as he handed her his script. she looked over scaramouche's script and slightly giggled, the Mad Hatter seemed quite like him. though, she had to say, scaramouche reminded her of a friend that she had, a certain online friend whom she played roblox with yesterday.

"Alice sounds quite like you," said scaramouche. "hm, that's interesting."

   "so does the Mad Hatter, you fit his role I guess," [name] replied, getting her script back as she handed the indigo-haired boy his script back. "okay, we should practice the tea party part."

   [name] pretended that she was walking as scaramouche let out silent laughter at [name] walking in place. she arrived at the Mad Hatter's, following a road sign that the Chesire Cat told her was there. she sat down at one of many seats that were quite unusual; one was a wooden chair, one was a sofa-like chair, and one was throne-like. she sat down at the sofa chair.