! xv. snowfall.

! proofread

i'm losing interest in this book, srry guys.

this is pretty much the end. ily all<3 /p

   "WHAT?!" yoimiya yelled, alerting everyone in the room. everyone was in the student council office, as it was empty. "you and... no way, i never expected it!"

   [name] and scaramouche had entered holding hands, and now they were sharing an ice cream sundae. "yes, yoimiya," he said. "we're dating."

   "with SCARAMOUCHE?!" itto boomed in disbelief. "wow. scaramouche is really lucky. how did he even fall in love?"

"i just knew him longer than i thought i did," said [name], chuckling. "remember when i first met him? it wasn't really our first meeting."

haypasia had heard the news soon after.

   "congratulations, you two," said haypasia, smiling as she dragged her boyfriend; he begged her for forgiveness. "it was about time. it was so obvious!"

"really? that we liked each other?"

"yes, silly."

   the news spread widely through the school in a matter of minutes. ei had invited the two into her office to have a long chat regarding their relationship. "it's true!" she gasped, watching the two of them kiss before entering. "you two are so sweet. my kunikuzushi finally found someone he loves."

   the two of them flushed in embarrassment after sitting down on the two seats placed in front of her desk. ei pushed her glasses up, her expression serious. "kuni, this isn't to make someone jealous, right? you're seriously in love with her?"

   "i literally woke up thinking about her," he replied with a sour expression, kissing her knuckle softly.

   "good, i don't want the poor girl getting heartbroken. i can tell she really loves you," ei rambled. "and you do look a little familiar... goodness, [name], it's you! his childhood best friend!"

"that's me," she replied nervously.

   after a long chat, they left the school building, as it was the last day. the previous day, scaramouche had helped her move out of her house in secret. there were cardboard boxes outside his house, which contained her belongings. books, stationary, plushies, etc.

   "thank you so much," she whispered, giving him a tight hug. "thank you. and i think your mother is trying to be better."

   "really?" he whispered back, returning the hug. he smiled gently. "but maybe not your mother."

   "i'll heal," she said confidently. "the first step is putting effort in to get away from them. then i can start getting better."

   while she unpacked her stuff, scaramouche showed her an empty room that hadn't been used in years. they cleaned up the dust and grime, then she started organizing her stuff. he admired her as she worked, noticing the inner and outer beauty that she always seemed to channel. "do you need some help?"

"how about organizing these books?"

the stack was tall.

he sweatdropped.

"uh..." he paused. "fine."

   after they finished unpacking and setting up, she jumped onto her bed and through the duvet covers in relief. "it feels so nice, you know."

"to have love?"

   "not only that," she told him. "it's nice to be... well, free. i feel free at last. no more lack of privacy. no more overworking myself for validation. no more sleeping outside. just peace and that's enough for me."