! xii. the lantern rite [700+ reads special!]

wow, when I checked this book there was surprisingly an uprising number of reads! I appreciate you reading my story, and don't worry, I won't leave this story until it's over as I love it too much!<3 btw, it's actually not february for me but lantern rite celebrates the new year so I thought I'd do this.

still counts as a chapter in the storyline though!

tw: long chapter (to make up for the last chapter being short)

! proofread

   it was the start of a new year, it having just turned february recently, and [name] woke up with an excited start. she had a few more days of her winter break until it resumed and there was no way she was going to waste it. she texted hu tao since her other friends were busy today.

hi!! wanna go to the lantern rite with me [name]?? 🤭

SURE!!! 🤭

I have an idea! we should match outfits!!!

YEAA!!!! OKAY WHAT SHOULD WE WEAR???

hu tao attached an image

alright let's do it!!

   [name] excitedly got off her phone as she was getting ready to go to the mall with hu tao for their matching outfits. the post had listed where they could buy all that stuff, and luckily it was all located at goethe outlets.

   she looked outside only to see hu tao roll up in her black tesla. "that was quick," she said, grinning as she got into the shotgun seat with her friend at the wheel.

"yea," hu tao said. "like I totally don't live seven minutes away from you," she laughed.

   "totally." [name] also laughed, as hu tao sped off after exiting the driveway and out of the neighborhood and entering the highway. after about twenty minutes, the two of them arrived at goethe outlets as [name]'s friend parked her car. they got out of the car as the both of them excitedly walked into the mall.

"woah, you'd never tell it'd be that big from the outside!" hu tao exclaimed.

   "I know, right? and it's so pretty, too!" the [hair color]-nette girl agreed as she eyed the golden lanterns and the red-and-gold dragons in awe. "I think it's decorated for the new year."

   "yup," the brunette agreed. "alright, [name], let's get those outfits!" she pulled out her phone and looked up the outfits so that she could see what store they were sold in. xigu's antiques.

   the two of them looked around the mall, trying to find the stores as [name] got invested in a hand sanitizer at bath&bodyworks. yes, a hand sanitizer. she was selecting a few ones that smelled nice, like iced dragonfruit tea or something else. after about an hour selecting body washes at the store, she finally paid as her friend sighed and dragged her to find xigu's antiques. soon enough, they eventually found the store on the second floor after hu tao almost fell off the escalator and they walked into the store laughing at each other.

   [name] was the first one to spot the matching outfits on display as her eyes sparkled. immediately, she went up to the cash register and requested for the outfits as the cashier brought it out for them. she and hu tao went to go try it out in the dressing rooms.

 she and hu tao went to go try it out in the dressing rooms