! viii. the legendary school event

! proofread :)

   [name] yawned as she trudged on her way to school, yoimiya alongside her. they had just visited the nearest boba tea store, [favorite boba flavor] for [name] and thai flavor for yoimiya.

"I'm soo tired," [name] yawned again, as yoimiya groaned in agreement.

"I don't wanna head to school today..." yoimiya muttered.

   "for real," [name] replied. the two of them stopped at teyvat high, the place of their success yet mental downfall. they opened the door to the inazuma department, and there was a faint sound of music: a song that she liked, Do It All The Time.

   yoimiya seemed to hear it too, as they stepped into the inazuman part of the school. in a group was sara, itto, ayato, thoma, and ayaka. "guys, what's going on?" she asked, as she and [name] approached their friends.

   "hey, guys!" itto waved, inviting them into the little circle of friends. "by the way, something wild is about to happen."

"wait, what? why?" said [name]. she took notice that everyone was crowded in a huge circle with their phones out; they seemed to be... waiting for something to happen. the aura seemed to be pretty tense.

   "don't ask, it'll happen soon. knowing what it is will spoil the fun," thoma shrugged, his phone also out. he was scrolling through Instagram and texting a friend of his from the liyue department. ayato nodded at this, taking a sip of his boba tea. ayaka had a cup of green tea in hand. since yoimiya and [name] both had boba, they used the advantage to sip it and opened their phones.

   "[name], look! some news on Instagram, look at what they're posting!" yoimiya exclaimed in surprise, making the [hair color]-haired girl turn to her friend.

rising school conflict! scaramouche vs. venti; a new rivalry in hatred for each other.

   below the headline, there was a photograph of scaramouche and venti, glaring daggers at eachother. but why? why the hell were they fighting, weren't the two usually pretty solid with eachother?

   "honestly, it's crazy considering how solid they used to be," sara sighed, as itto jumped around the school in excitement.

   "I know, right? it's kind of odd, I wonder what happened," said ayaka, flaunting her fan in front of her face. her school uniform was a little messier today, she probably left for school in excitement of the news; the girls in the friend group loved drama as long as it didn't involve them.

   "although, venti is in the mondstadt department... how is he going to get here without getting caught by the teachers?" [name] slightly frowned.

   "he has his ways, he's much more capable than most people would think from one of the cheeriest people at school," itto shrugged.

   "well, that's true," [name] agreed. "venti can be scary or cold when he wants to." she plugged her wireless earbuds into her phone and started listening to [favorite music genre] music. the music rang in her ears gently, as it calmed her down for what was going to happen. why did the two hate eachother now? it honestly didn't really add up.

   there was a loud knock on the inazuma department sliding door. someone in the huge crowd hesitantly let it slide open, and out stepped venti. [name]'s eyes widened.

   venti looked tired and angry, and his usual uniform was replaced with a black oversized t-shirt along with olive green cargos and hiked up black socks and black-and-white Air Jordan's. why the hell wasn't he wearing the uniform? there were even fingerless black gloves on his hands, with spiked bracelets. yikes, he looked dangerous as f###. what did scaramouche even do to him?