[1]

'...that's so unfair, big brother'

She woke up from a long dream. A dream in which she bid goodbye to her departing brother. Her eyes blink twice as she tried to gain bearing on herself and her surrounding. It's the same room and the same ceiling she had faced for the last few years since she locked herself in her room.

A gentle knock on her door. Twice.

"May I come in, young Miss"

"Come in."

A familiar young maid walks in with a small basin to help her wash her face. Her face was calm and polite, befitting a servant. Thalia wiped away whatever remains from her tears due to the dream she had and asked,

"Is Young Master Cale going to join the breakfast this morning?"

The maid nodded. It's early in the morning, and the news already spread amongst the servant as they quickly prepared for Cale Henituse to join the breakfast.

"Then, I will join the breakfast this morning as well. Please inform them of this."

"Excuse me?"

As long as Thalia could remember, she is the only personal maid she allows into her room. But even then, they have never exchanged anything except for a few words and that's it.

Perhaps that's why the evident shock and her almost slipping down the basin were very much understandable.

"Oh, you can also call for another maid to help me... get dressed. Nothing too complicated please."

"Y-Yes! Right away Young Miss Thalia! I will get all things ready!"

After placing the basin down by the bedside table, she quickly left the room to heed the young lady's command. Once she was left alone, Thalia simply stands up and walk to the bathroom. It's a luxurious bathroom befitting the rich count status with a marbled bathtub, beautiful deco, and a small mirror by the door.

With a quick glance, she could see a petite young lady with dark red hair and a pair of brown with a tint of pink eyes. Her skin is smooth and pale due to the lack of sunlight she had.

Being the shadow of the Count's family, she almost never left her room, the complete opposite of her brother that always outside and decides to act as trash.

Yes, acting as trash.

Just as she voluntarily cut out herself from the world, her brother- Cale Henituse also decides that it was for the best to tarnish his reputation and becomes trash. Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, fame, and honor don't matter as much when it helps you to achieve your goal.

Of course, that same brother also decides that he can make a deal with a god, transmigrates somewhere for the sake of the greater good (or something, he never explains), and tell her that she should not let herself tied up with the act anymore.

And do as she pleases.

Thalia could only sigh as she relaxed in the warm water. Her mind is still reeling with shock from the dream she had. Maybe one will question, why did she decide to believe in a dream about something as out of the world as that?

Well, there are many reasons, but perhaps recalling their mother's secrets from years back is more than enough to know...

... that yes, there is such thing as transmigration, reincarnation, regression, and many more.

But in the end, Thalia decided, perhaps it was really time for her to break out of her shell. Things with the family and succession already settled down, and God interfering with the mortal world could only be a sign for the world is running down a steep slope.