[7]

3 April 781 Felix calendar

A simple white blouse, a shade of brown corset, and a matching skirt. Her hair was simply braid to the back as she stared at the mirror.

'Look neat enough.. should I bring a cloak with me?'

Maria was helping with the finishing touch for her lady's hair when there was a knock at the door. It was the old butler, Ron.

"Good morning, Young miss. Young master Cale is waiting for you at the entrance."

"Yes, thank you, Ron. Maria, I will get going now. And could you help me deliver this letter? Bring me his reply as soon as you get them"

"I will immediately do so Young Miss. Have a safe trip."

She just nodded back before Ron escorted her to the entrance. Her brother was there in his blue vest with a white tunic underneath.

"Sorry for the wait, brother."

"It's alright. Let's go."

They were walking through the city. It's windy but there's no sign of rain anytime soon. Thalia watched as the citizens were already out and about with their daily activities.

"We will stop by the Fragrance of Tea with Poetry. I need to get something from Billos. Do you have anywhere you want to detour?"

"Nope. None in particular. I just wanted to visit the gallery with you. You can take your time."

"Alright then."

"What are you buying?"

"Just... a few magical tools. On loan"

Thalia simply nodded as she followed him to the shop. There was a momentary recognition flicker in Billos eyes when he saw her before he escorted Cale to the other room for the deal.

She looks around the shop. The ambiance was calm, albeit there were whispers around which she promptly ignored. She looks through the book shelves hoping to find any good read while waiting.

The small tap on her shoulder snapped her from her thought.

"I'm done here. Let's go."

"Alright!"

They both left, leaving the shop with Billos to greet them goodbye. The customers meanwhile immediately burst into commotion when they connected the dots.

"It was the eldest miss!"

"The eldest miss is really pretty! Who spread rumors about her being ugly?!"

"The eldest master was also calm today!"

"No chairs broken!"

They clamor in exclamation and surprise. Obviously, the commotion escaped the siblings' hearing as they already headed to the Sculpture Gallery. Unable to contain her curiosity, she immediately asked,

"What did you buy? It looks like quite a bit?"

"You're curious?"

"Of course. Just a teensy bit. But you can just ask me if you want a magic tool"

"Even the mana disturbance tool?" he asked. It was quite expensive but it was that much of a price due to its rarity and effectiveness. And also it was hard to get. Thalia just nodded as she recalled when she rented the tool years back.

"Oh! I know one of those. I asked Maria to help me borrow one when I was starting the soundproof tool before"

"You can reproduce them?"