[3]

"Why is brother... doing that?" the girl ask her mother, as she pointed out her brother's action. From climbing trees, trying to taste the grass, and poking at various flowers and plants in the greenhouse. He is all over the place and she could not understand that.

Her mother chuckled. She gently combed through her daughter's hair as she explained,

"That, my dear, is because your brother is very curious about the world around him. He wants to know this and that- and that's why he is moving around looking at everything. He wants to know more- just like you now."

The mother boop her daughter's nose as she turns to face her mother.

"I am curious?"

"Yes, you wanted to know more about your brother and the meaning behind his action. That feeling of wanting to know is what we call as curiosity!"

-SoTCF-

Inquisitiveness. Interest. Curiosity.

That's the simplest way to describe her feeling as she watched Cale beckoning one of the servants to walk out with him to the entrance. Thalia wonders where would he go and what is he planning to do by going downtown. Though, she is not worried. As long as he remains within the Count's territory, no harm shall befall him. He also had thrown a bit of a tantrum too, ordering Ron to stay and don't wait for him as he went out. Even then, he still show caution in the way he treated Ron- at least, that is what Thalia could glimpse from the short interaction.

He knows Ron is an assassin, or someone with blood on their hand judging by the way he treads on an eggshell when dealing with Ron. Thalia had to admit, this guy really did a slightly bad job when imitating her brother. If it was her brother, he will definitely at least throw something and just ignore Ron after saying he went out to play. 

'It's a wonder how no one noticed yet' Thalia let out a bitter smile. Once the door closed, she walk to the training ground and check up on Lily before meeting the countess.

Lily Henituse, her half-sister and also the second person she spends most of the time with after her brother. Lily had shared her aspiration to become a swordswoman, a knight in her own right. Thalia never doubted it and even support her dream. This is because the Henituse household was initially known as the martial artist house that has long guarded the Forbidden Forest. 

Due to that, their descendants have always consisted of people that physically suited for combat. The people of this household all had long arms, long legs, and good physiques. Lily was only 7 years old, but she was tall for her age and could easily become a good swordswoman if she put in the effort. That's why, she decided today will be one of the days she visited her younger sister and give her moral support.

As usual, the training field was full of knights training following sets of routines through the teaching passed down for generations. It used to be a familiar sight years ago. now that she had arrived here, a wave of nostalgia hits her. But, she grip herself quickly to the reality as she observed the whole field. 

'There!'

At the corner of the field, she oversaw the Vice-captain lead a one-on-one training for Lily. Perhaps based on the guidance left by the Head captain that was nowhere insight. Noticing Thalia's presence as she headed to the field, the vice-captain pause his teaching momentarily as he head to the front and called the attention of the brigade.

"Attention!"

At his command, all knights gather in line as they were trained to. The knights are all in their ready position as the man leading them greets Thalia.