[6]

A Place of Warmth.

The restaurant in front of the castle is located in the alley. The staff of the estate frequently ate at the alley, so it was both cheap and clean. They frequently prepared a separate room for when the staff at the castle brought guests over. 

However, she quickly dismissed it as she found it a hassle if people found out the Count's eldest daughter was visiting. Understanding Thalia's gestures, Ron quickly led the group to a quiet corner of the restaurant where they could observe the people while simultaneously hidden from others' attention.

As the waiter took their order, Thalia made eye contact with the old man who stood behind the counter, who could see she also quietly looking directly at him. With her glasses on, she read the info on top of his head.

Edro. Violan's ex-knight. The Head Chef.

"How interesting..." her mutters do not escape the sharp hearing of the 3 superhumans who were with her. Choi Han curiously asks,

"What is?"

The others turn their head in that direction and notice she is glancing at the chef who already turned away as she mentioned it. She smiles.

"Well, it's just that, there are a lot of hidden experts even at the far end of Northeastern of Kingdom." 

This was indeed a world where an average-looking cook was a poison specialist, and your neighbor working at the repair shop could be someone who used metal shards to brutally murder people. Perhaps due to how Count Deruth governs the territory, Rain City becomes a haven for those who seek refuge. He is a good governor, though the same can't be said of him as a father.

She mused to herself as she recounted the people around her so far. Your average butler can be an assassin, a germaphobe chef may be a torture expert, an unassuming guest can be a swordmaster, a quiet maid can be a spy, a restaurant owner may be an ex-head knight of a fallen noble family, a sculptor could be a runaway assassin, and a young trash master is a transmigrator.

"What?" Choi Han spontaneously asked back as he felt the words were left hanging.

"Ah well, it's nothing. Anyway, Ron, you should have this Bluebell tea. It will help you with your blood pressure." Thalia pointed out a drink with a soft blue color in a porcelain cup drawn on the menu.

"Thank you, young miss. But not to worry miss, I can assure you I don't have high blood pressure"

Thalia gasped. "Oh my, I was worried you do- what with how sharp your eyes were and how tense you have been especially these past few days. It's as if you're ready to fight anytime..."

Ron's benign smile turned stiff as Choi Han coughed at her side, suppressing his laughter. Beacrox just looks away as if he lost to a distance. Thalia quickly reiterated her words as she added,

"Ah, but I'm glad you're alright. You can thank me by not giving me lemon tea tomorrow, Ron"

The old butler smiled. "Haha, I thought it was your favorite young miss. Just the same as young master Cale"

They both exchange laughter as she hid her devastated smile behind her cup.

'Oh well, at least she tried.' 

-SoTCF-

It was much later in the evening when she saw her brother again. Soak wet with 2 kittens in his arm shivered from the cold. She ignored the pop-up info she glanced through her glasses and stretched her arm to Hans.

"Give me the towel Hans."

"Here you go, young miss."

"Brother, sit here for a bit."