[4]

Black hair and a pair of black eyes reminded her of the moonless night. His clothes were worn out and black. His shoulder was tense, showing his alertness to the surrounding. But most importantly...

Choi Han. Guest of Cale Henituse. Single-lifer.

Her fallen expression and solemn face were very noticeable. Cale awkwardly pats her head as he says.

"Don't worry, we will head to the kitchen and give him something to eat. He is our guest now."

Thalia smiles, hiding her turmoil inside.

"Alright brother. And, welcome to our residence, brother's guest."

Choi Han nodded accepting Thalia's welcome. While his eyes remain vigilant, his shoulder is just slightly less tense than before. Thalia followed Cale as they all walk down the hallway and once again encounter the deputy butler.

"Young master. You returned after drinking today."

Thalia remain indifferent as she watched Cale clicked his tongue and ignore Hans. He lifted up the alcohol bottle and pointed toward Hans. Hans immediately covered his face with both arms as he curled up.

Silence filled the air.

'Is he really the best candidate among the deputy butler?' Thalia internally scoffed at Hans's lack of composure and was also slightly embarrassed. As a deputy butler, he should set an example and protect the dignity of the house he serves. That does not mean she disregards the safety of the people working under them. It may seem harsh to some, and considering her brother's reputation perhaps that reaction is given.

But it still does not lessen the negative feeling she had right now.

"Put this away."

"Yes."

Hans received the alcohol bottle from Cale with a blank expression on his face. Not wanting the situation to escalate further, Thalia gently pulls Cale's sleeves as she nudges him to move forward.

Cale just heave a sigh and continued to walk. With the inclusion of Hans, there were now a total of five people heading to the kitchen. Thalia noticed that Cale peeked every so often to make sure the others followed him properly and arrived at their destination.

'He looks like a curious bunny'

Thalia keep that thought to herself. Her brother is now a curious bunny that's very nervous and she finds that adorable. Her brother used to remind her of a bunny too, though more of a bunny that likes to hide in a burrow rather than the one shaking in fear as he peeks through his home. Unbeknownst to her, at that moment, Thalia actually shared a similar opinion as Ron. Though, Ron linked his young master akin to a fearless puppy instead of a curious bunny.

Kitchen No.2. Cale pushed the door open as soon as he saw the sign.

"Young master?"

Hans's confused voice called out to Cale though her brother remain quiet with a thick smile on his face. Thalia is convinced that Cale must be feeling better now that he can help that guest with food.

'It's amazing within the first few days he transmigrates here, he already invites a guest needing help. What can he gain from this? Is he really foolhardy kind? Will I be doing the same thing if I'm in his place?...probably not.'

Thalia walk inside the kitchen and saw Beacrox, the second chef who was smiling as he sharpen his blade. He has always enjoyed spending time in the kitchen and is very particular about cleanliness. Though, his smiles seem to disappear along with the appearance of the people in his kitchen.