CH. 4

THREE:

Tuesday, January 23rd
8:20 AM

• DANIELLE •

I rolled my eyes as my two sons were screaming as they stood on their their plastic surfboards which laid flat on the floor of their room. I was behind them, making their beds. "Oh, a wave! Duck, brother!" Atlas shouted before a fake explosion sound came followed by a thud.

I turned to see Adonis laying on the floor, flat on his back, "I'm drowning!" He cried out.

"I'll save you, brother!" Atlas said, jumping off his board, and making windmills with his arms and panting hard like he was actually swimming. Then he dove onto the floor to pick up his older by three minutes brother.

"What is all this raucous?" Someone questioned. I turned to see Klaus standing in the doorway. "Hey, boys."

"Dad!" Adonis gasped, running forward with his floppy dirty blonde hair.

"Daddy!" Atlas screamed, following his brother as Klaus squatted down so he was their height. He embraced both of our boys with a tight hug for the very first time. "You're here, Mommy, look," Atlas said.

"How are you here?" Adonis asked suspiciously, backing away and crossing his arms over his chest.

I laughed, walking over to all my boys. "He's home. That's all that matters. And he's never going to leave us again," I told the boys.

"Promise?" Atlas frowned, his arms around his father's neck. Klaus rubbed his back, nodding his head.

"Promise," he smiled kindly. "Daddy had to stay away to keep your aunts and uncles safe. But they're here now too. Want to meet them?"

"Yeah," Atlas grinned.

Adonis stayed back, arms still crossed. Klaus stood up, carrying Atlas like he was a little baby on his hip instead of the long four year old he actually was. "What's wrong, honey?" I asked my other son who didn't move.

"Nothing," he said.

I ruffled his mop of hair, leaning over to kiss his forehead. "Your dad didn't like being away. He was very sad and very lonely. We didn't get to visit him often. But now he's home. And we should show him how happy we are that he is. He loves you all so much," I assured. Adonis nodded. "Hey, it's okay to be afraid. I know daddy being home is new. I'm sure you'll get used to it."

"You and dad love each other?"

I chuckled, "Very much."

Adonis nodded again, "I don't want Mama to be sad anymore."

I hugged him tight then, "Mama missed your Dad so much. She doesn't have to be sad anymore. We all are going to be much happier. I promise you, my handsome boy."

Adonis smiled then, kissing my cheek, "I love you, Mama."

"I love you more, rugrat," I grinned, tickling his sides. "Now, come on. I want you to meet your uncles and aunts."

I took his hand and led him down the hall. I peeked into the girls rooms, both of them were still sleeping. The boys were always up first. I was just glad before they came barging into my bedroom, Klaus and I were dressed. I got up before they woke Klaus, and I took them to get ready for the day.