CH. 12

TWELVE:

Wednesday, January 31st
6:02 PM

• DANIELLE •

I smiled and nodded my head as the kids were rambling on about what they wanted for dinner. Hope wanted spaghetti, Audrey wanted chicken nuggets, and the boys wanted pizza. And after they saved the day, who was I to argue.

"Well, Proyiayia Demi is at home waiting for us. I am sure she will be more than happy to make three different dinners," I told the kids as I buckled Audrey into her seatbelt.

"Hayley, let's go!" Klaus called out as he climbed into the driver seat. My dad was in the back with Adonis and Atlas in the third row.

Hayley left Elijah's side to join us. She climbed in, keeping Hope on her lap. As the SUV for the second time today was pass full capacity. This morning Audrey's car seat was discarded and she sat on my dad's lap on the ride home from the airport.

I was comfortably in the passenger seat, squeezing Klaus' hand. I was more concerned than anything. The kids were coming into their power very young. Not to mention we had four little witches to monitor. "I'll make you a strong drink when we get in," my husband stated, bringing our hands to our lips and kissing the back of mine.

I laughed softly, "Please."

***

Wednesday, January 31st
6:44 PM

We didn't talk about it. I left the kids with my grandmother so they could make dinner together. Well, the triplets. Hayley had pulled Hope away to give her a short talk.

Klaus and I shared a drink, coming up with a plan for the kids. He was thankful that they helped save him but he was worried. Way more than I expected him to be. And even more so than myself. He even brought up the idea of binding all the kids powers, magically taking it away until they were older and could learn to control it.

I was against that. They saved the day today. And Hope had a bracelet that kept her from doing magic, but she had ditched it many times to perform spells that have been effective. Like letting Marcel out of his dungeon, and thus he saved her from the psychopaths breaking in to the compound that night.

We had no idea when the kids would need to use magic. Even if we didn't want that to be the case. It was our jobs to keep them safe. But they were miracle children... sometimes they had to perform miracles. We couldn't predict that. Plus I thought it was best to teach them while they're young and growing into their powers. Learn to control them as they come. I don't want them 16 being novices for some of the most powerful witches of their time. That would be embarrassing. And the older they get, the more likely they are exposed to the supernatural world with evil. They'll need to protect themselves. Four kids. Klaus cannot be in multiple places at once. And again, we can't know when they'll need protection unless they call. And what if they can't? What if there's no time to ask daddy to run to their rescue? No. Binding their powers was the last resort—if and only if they abused them in any way that showed they couldn't control them.

We agreed after dinner. We would have one on ones with the kids. Talk about what happened today. That they were heroes. However, that it wasn't a safe place. Magic was not a toy. And whatever else came to mind. I hadn't gotten more than that in my prepared speech.

"My dad said you study this stuff," Hope was saying as I left the kitchen after checking in on dinner. Klaus was out back with my dad and Abuelo, all with beers. I loved the normalcy of it. My husband bonding with my family, like regular men.