CH. 13

THIRTEEN:

Thursday, February 1st
3:15 PM

• DANIELLE •

I smiled as Klaus wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I had no idea what had gotten into him, but I was going to take advantage of this rare opportunity. We came home to check on the kids, bringing Hope from the compound with us. It was best for her to be away from all the drama and safer too. Klaus even stopped at a gift store to buy new toys for all the kids.

The girls took it well. They were happy with new dolls. Audrey's of which was half her size. The boys on the other hand. Atlas blatantly disregarded the notion still upset from hours before. Adonis on the other hand played it cool, he thanked his father but his initial reaction had his eyes lighting up with excitement. And Hope picked out her own toy which she played with the whole car ride home. I was glad to have her here, it was better than that dusty compound. Besides she had a shared but personalized bedroom, a permanent place where she was always welcome no matter what.

"Wear something exciting," Klaus whispered in my ear as my hands were holding onto a black skirt with small white polka dots.

"Like what?" I laughed softly. There were butterflies in my stomach at the idea of going on a date with him. Especially after all our talking today. I was hopeful and giddy about this, something I hadn't been in years. It was easy to get used to someone and more easier to forget the small moments that came far and between huge dramatic ordeals that came with dating a man like him.

"Something with color," he said.

"Okay," I agreed. "You going to tell me where we're going? Or what we're doing?"

"No and no."

I rolled my eyes as he kissed my cheek, letting me go. "I don't like surprises," I grumbled at him.

"Yes, you do," he snorted. Then his phone rang loudly. I pressed my lips together as I watched him dig it out of his pocket. "It's Freya."

I sighed, dropping the next dress from my hands. So much for our date. "Great," I mumbled sarcastically as I stepped around him to leave the bedroom. I heard him sigh as I made my way to the boys bedroom.

"Mama," Donnie grinned as I appeared in the doorway. The triplets were all here. Atlas was sitting in the corner with a book while Audrey was on Adonis' bed with him and their new toys, playing. "Look! He lights up."

I smiled widely, "Cool, dude." He laughed excitedly and went back to playing with his sister. I slowly made my way to Atlas, sitting down beside him. "You okay, baby?" I asked him.

"Yes," he muttered, climbing into my lap. I wrapped my arms around his little body, hugging him tightly. "Will you read this to me, mommy?"

"Of course I will," I agreed, kissing the top of his mop of dark curls. He adjusted in my lap while I flipped the book to the beginning. I thought about asking the other two to join us, but I figured right now, Atlas needed the extra loving as he was awfully upset and protective over me after seeing Klaus hold me in a chokehold.

"Hey, where's Hope?" I asked them all.

"With Papouli," Adonis answered. "They were playing with rocks again."