Chapter III- Gwess's Attempt

After Gwess's intense "mouse training," she smirks at the two "mice," letting out a hearty laugh.

"Now, it's time for your final task. It's time for you to prove to me that you are obedient little mice..."

She tosses both Phoebe and Jolyne toward a gate, revealing a hallway behind it.

"Can you see? At the far end of the corridor, you're going to find a control center. Your objective is to get that switch over there. It can unlock all the cells and doors in this prison. I know two can make it..." Gwess explains, setting the challenge before them.

She smirks, "You understand where I'm getting at? If we work together, we can escape."

Phoebe looks over at Jolyne before speaking up in a 'cute' voice.

"The control center? How are we suppose to get over to it, mama?"

Gwess swoons.

"Aww! That's my adorable baby rat girl!~"

She coughs, "but don't ask me you dumbass. You're suppose to figure that out."

She picks them up and places them both on the ground behind the gate.

"The blindspot of the camera is under the handrail, so go straight under it. And keep the rat corpse on. "

Jolyne nods at Phoebe and swiftly heads under the handrail, scampering toward the gate. However, just as they reach it, a guard appears and shouts from the other side of the gate.

"Hey! What are you doing over there? Girl with the headband, who are you!" Gwess stands up.

"The number is FE18081, my name is Gwess. I'm just taking a walk around the corridors."

The officer grunts. "If you don't have business here, get away from the gate and leave!"

"Sure, Mr. guard.."

Phoebe and Jolyne quickly dash past the guard, finding cover behind a desk. Jolyne examines the rows of metal doors, trying to decide which one to target next.

"There are four doors. I wonder which one leads to the control room."

Phoebe tries to get out from under the desk, but won't budge out.

"Jolyne, I think we're-"

The rat corpses tear apart, leaving Jolyne and Phoebe out of a disguise.

The guard grumbles, "Hey, what was that? It was pretty loud." Another officer agrees, "Yeah, I heard it too. It's close."

Phoebe and Jolyne exchange worried glances, realizing they need to stay quiet and hidden.

Phoebe pulls Jolyne from under the desk, hiding at the side of it. Phoebe watches as both her and Jolyne start growing rapidly.

"Gwess's stand must have short range..." She mumbles.

They start growing larger. "Phoebe! The rat is about to tear more!"

The officers stand up, alarmed. "There's definitely something going on here! It's coming from over there!"

"Jolyne, knock down that mug!"

She complies, using her string to knock it into the officers lap.

"Hot, hot!"

Phoebe and Jolyne run out, trying to get through before they grow all the way.

A Stand suddenly emerges from behind them, its eerie presence unsettling.

It mutters, "Goo... Goo... Dolls..." and lunges towards Phoebe.

However, Jolyne's Stand reacts in the nick of time, grabbing the threatening Stand and suspending it in mid-air.

"Jolyne, we need go hurry!" They both try to squeeze through the bars together.

They both make it out, hanging onto the gate tightly.

"So weird... It's like a physical manifestation of Gwess's energy that no one else can see, like my strings."

Phoebe nods. "I'll explain it to you later, so you know what a stand really is. For now we need to go Jolyne."

Jolyne looks back over to the stand, watching it lunge at her.

"Shit! This killer baby isn't going to stop attacking me.."

Jolyne tries to jump up, but realizes her neck is stuck between a bar.

"P-phoebe, help!"

"Wait—"

"Kyaaa!"

Phoebe witnesses the menacing Stand crawling up Jolyne, emitting a horrifying sound.

Just as it's about to strike, she observes Jolyne's Stand manifesting for the first time, potentially ready to counter the threat.

It punches the doll into the wall, then again.

Jolyne stares at her stand in amazement.
"So many threads... Is this it's true form? My stand?"

It punches the doll again, making it wail in pain.

"Go to hell bastard child, and call Gwess over here!"

Gwess weakly leans against the wall, slowly pacing towards Jolyne and Phoebe tiredly.

"I wasn't expecting y-you to have an ability too, Jolyne. I'm guessing you have one too Phoebe."

Jolyne's stand lunges toward Gwess, making her cry out afraid. "Wait, jolyne please! I'm begging you! Stop strangling my Goo-goo Dolls!"

Jolyne scoffs, "You better shrink my body enough so I can escape or else your dead!"

Gwess shudders. "Of course, just don't hurt me more! I know we've been through a lot.. I'm sorry!... Could you at least speak cutesy to me like you used to?"

Phoebe glares at Gwess, giving her one of her signature scary looks.

"R-right, shrink Jolyne.."

Jolyne shrinks slightly, falling down next to Gwess and Phoebe.

"Now, give me my amulet, I mean everything including the stone! And I want to know who you bought it from too."

Gwess nods. "Of course. Um.. The girl that sold it to me. I think her name was Ermes?"

Phoebe's eyes widen. "Ermes? That definitely sounds like something she would do."

Gwess hands out the amulet, making Jolyne reach for it. She drops it, letting it roll over behind Jolyne.

"... ~Kidding~"

She pushes Jolyne back in the gates, making her grow to her original size.

"Oh guards!~ A prisoner has went passed the gun point!"

"What the fuck are you doing in there!?"

The officer slams the button on the wall. "Prison break! Code 999!" The lights start to flash red.

Phoebe turns her attention to Gwess, who's grinning at Jolyne. She scoffs audibly and boldly reminds her, "You forgot about me."

Gwess shifts her gaze towards Phoebe, but her expression suddenly turns to one of shock.

"What the fuck is that behind you?"

Phoebe smirks, plucking a feather from her stand.

"Allow me to introduce you to ability. It's name is
Sea, swallow me."