Chapter 2

Snow was cooking dinner when she started thinking about her dream again. She wished that it had been real, that she could live in that world forever. She longed for wealth and a prince charming to sweep her off her feet, but she knew deep down that it was impossible. She was poor and ugly, and no one would ever love her.

She felt sorry for herself, thinking about how unfair life was. Why couldn't she have been born into a rich family, with everything handed to her on a silver platter? She wanted to escape her life, to leave everything behind and start fresh.

"So, what's the plan?" Snow's friend, Lily, asked over the phone. They had been friends since childhood, but hadn't seen each other in years due to Lily's busy schedule.

Snow sighed. "I don't know, Lily. I just feel stuck, you know?"

"Stuck? What do you mean?" Lily asked.

"I mean, I'm just living day to day, barely making enough to survive. I don't have any real friends, my dad's an alcoholic, and I'm just...lonely," Snow said, her voice cracking.

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line before Lily spoke again. "You know, Snow, you don't have to live like this. You can change your life if you want to."

"How? I don't have any money, I don't have any connections. What can I do?" Snow asked, her voice filled with despair.

"Start by making a plan," Lily replied. "You can't just sit around feeling sorry for yourself. You need to take action."

Snow was silent for a moment, thinking about what Lily had said. She knew deep down that Lily was right. She couldn't keep living like this, she needed to take control of her life. "You're right, Lily. I need to make a plan," Snow said, feeling a glimmer of hope for the first time in a while.

"Good. Now, tell me, what do you want in life?" Lily asked.

Snow thought for a moment before answering. "I want to be happy. I want to have friends and be accepted. I want to have enough money to live comfortably and not have to worry about where my next meal is coming from. And...I want to find love."

"Okay, that's a good start. Now, how can you make those things happen?" Lily asked.

Snow thought for a moment before replying. "Well, I could start by trying to make more friends. Maybe I could join a book club or something. And I could try to find a better job, one that pays more. As for finding love...I don't know. That seems impossible."

"It's not impossible, Snow. You just have to be open to it. And maybe you need to work on your confidence a bit. You're not ugly, Snow. You're beautiful in your own way. You just need to believe it," Lily said.

Snow felt a warmth spreading through her chest at Lily's words. Maybe she wasn't as ugly as she thought. Maybe there was hope for her yet. "Thank you, Lily. You always know how to make me feel better," Snow said, feeling grateful for her friend's encouragement.

"Anytime, Snow. I'm here for you. Now, go make that plan and start taking action. You got this," Lily said, her voice filled with confidence.

Snow hung up the phone, feeling energized and ready to take on the world. She knew it wouldn't be easy, but she was determined to make a better life for herself. She grabbed a pen and paper and started making a list of things she could do to improve her life. It was time to start living for herself, not just existing.

Later that night, Snow sat on her bed, looking at her list. It wasn't much, but it was a start. She felt a sense of pride in herself for taking the first step towards a better life. And who knows? Maybe one day she would find her own prince charming, and her dream would become a reality. But for now, she was content with just taking things one day at a time.