Chapter 7

The Crown Prince had been working tirelessly for hours, seated at his desk with a pile of papers stacked in front of him. His brows were furrowed in concentration, his hand moving quickly to sign off on each document that required his approval. He had been at it for so long that he had lost track of time, and his back was starting to ache from being hunched over for so long.

But he knew that the work had to be done. As the future king of the realm, it was his responsibility to ensure that every decision made in the kingdom was just and fair. He couldn't afford to make any mistakes, not when the stakes were so high.

So he continued to pour over each document, reading and rereading each line to make sure that he fully understood its contents. He was so focused on his work that he barely even heard the knock at his door. It was only when the guard spoke up that he realized he had a visitor.

"What is it?" he asked, already annoyed at the interruption.

"Your Highness, I bring urgent news," the guard replied, bowing deeply. "The bandits have been making a move."

The Crown Prince's heart sank. He had been expecting this news, but had hoped it wouldn't come so soon. He quickly stood up, straightening his clothes and running a hand through his hair.

"Where are they?" he asked, his voice sharp with concern.

"At the border, Your Highness. They have been attacking our patrols and stealing from the nearby villages," the guard reported.

The Crown Prince nodded, his mind already racing with plans and strategies. He knew he had to act quickly to stop the bandits before they caused any more damage.

"Thank you for your report," he said, dismissing the guard with a wave of his hand. "I will gather my advisors and prepare a plan of action."

As the guard left the room, the Crown Prince sat down heavily in his chair, his mind already working through the details. He knew that he had a lot of work ahead of him, but he was determined to protect his kingdom and his people.

Little did he know that his father, the King, had already been informed of the bandits' movements. When the Crown Prince went to the King's chambers to discuss the matter and present his plan, he was met with a stern expression and a disappointed shake of the head.

"I already knew about this, son," the King said gravely. "I received word earlier today from one of our spies. I expected you to have been better informed and more prepared."

The Crown Prince felt a flush of embarrassment and shame wash over him. He had been so focused on his work that he had neglected his duties as a future ruler.

"I'm sorry, Father," he said quietly. "I will do better in the future."

The King nodded, his expression softening slightly. "I know you will, my son. But you must understand that being a king is not just about signing papers and attending meetings. You must be aware of all that is happening in our kingdom and take action when necessary."

The Crown Prince nodded, his head bowed in shame. He knew that his father was right. Being a king was not just a title, it was a responsibility. And he was determined to prove himself worthy of it.

He left the chambers, feeling the weight of his father's disapproval heavy on his shoulders. He knew he had to act quickly to prove his worth as a leader, and to ensure the safety of his people. But he couldn't shake the feeling that he was always just one step behind.

THE CROWN PRINCE made his way back to his chambers. He instructed several guards to accompany the king's servant to the bandit's location, and to show force if necessary. He knew that even a little show of strength could potentially scare the bandits away, especially since his research had revealed that they had no powerful leader.