Chapter 3

However, it wasn't easy for Snow. While it's easy to say that you can change something, it's much harder when you're already taking action towards that change. The road ahead was uncertain, and there were many obstacles in the way.

She just sighed and felt more saddened because even though just a glimpse, she felt a little bit of hope.

"'I'll just try to sleep."

As she drifted off, her mind took her to a dreamland where she was once again living a life of luxury. She dreamt of walking through grand hallways, adorned with beautiful chandeliers and exquisite artwork. She felt a sense of joy and contentment wash over her as she relished in the opulence of her surroundings.

In her dream, Snow suddenly found herself standing in front of a handsome prince charming. She was about to kiss him when something stirred her from her sleep. A sudden noise had woken her up from her dream, shattering the beautiful illusion of her perfect life.

"Why are you pouting your lips?" One of the guards asked.

She was shocked, because she didn't know where the guards came from.

"Who are you?"

"It appears that you are assuming a demeanor of unfamiliarity towards me. Could it be that you are harboring aspirations of a royal position once again? I would advise you to abandon any such delusions and focus on your work with diligence, Snow."

She looked at her surroundings. Everything seemed so different, there was a castle and her surroundings seemed like the book that she was just reading before.

Snow rubbed her eyes in disbelief, hoping that this was just a dream. But when she opened them again, she was still in the same place. She stood up and surveyed the area, her eyes widening in amazement. She saw a grand castle that towered above her, with turrets and flags fluttering in the wind. She couldn't believe her eyes, for she had never seen anything so grand and beautiful before.

The castle walls were made of gray stone, and there were large wooden doors with intricate carvings that led into the castle. There were tall windows with stained glass, and she could hear the sound of trumpets and music coming from inside. The courtyard was bustling with people in beautiful clothes, some of them nobles, and others servants. They all seemed to be in a hurry, rushing around and carrying things from one place to another.

"Do you have a mirror?" She hysterically asked the guard, whoever he was.

When she saw her reflection in the mirror, she was horrified. She was wearing a maid uniform! This couldn't be happening. Snow started to panic and thought that she must be dreaming. She had always dreamt of being a princess, not a maid! Why was this happening to her? She hate her life because of her father's drinking problem and because she was born poor, and now she was a maid in a castle. This couldn't be her fate, she thought to herself.

Snow's mind was racing. How did she end up in a castle? How did she become a maid? Was it really just a dream? She pinched herself to check if she was really awake. The pain was real, but she still couldn't believe what was happening to her.

Once again, she looked at her surroundings. Snow was in disbelief. She had never seen anything like it before. She saw the gardens that stretched out in front of her, a lush green expanse dotted with colorful flowers of all kinds. There were fountains and statues, and a grand staircase that led up to the main entrance of the castle.

Snow felt like she was in a dream. The castle was so grand, so beautiful, and so far removed from her old life. She couldn't believe that she was standing there in a maid uniform, surrounded by guards, in the middle of a place that seemed like it was from a fairy tale.

As she took in her surroundings, she noticed that the people walking by were dressed in fine clothing, and everyone seemed to be in a hurry. She realized that she needed to find out where she was and how she had gotten there.

"Excuse me," Snow said to one of the guards, "Can you tell me where I am?"

The guard looked at her with a hint of annoyance. "You're in the palace, Snow. Where else would you be?"

Snow was taken aback. "The palace? How did I get here?"

The guard rolled his eyes. "You're a maid, Snow. You work here."

Snow couldn't believe what she was hearing. She had never worked in a castle before. She had never even been inside one.

"But I don't understand," she said. "How did I get here?"

The guard sighed. "Look, Snow, I don't have time for this. You were assigned to work here by the head maid. Now go do your job before you get us both in trouble."

With that, the guard walked away, leaving Snow standing there in the middle of the courtyard, feeling more confused than ever. She knew that something was not right, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

As Snow made her way towards the maid's quarters, she couldn't help but feel a sense of longing for her old life. However, at the same time, she felt a glimmer of hope because maybe she could change something. There was nothing good in her life except for Mrs. Kim and Lily, who truly cared for her.

But maybe, this was not a bad thing after all? There are many books that she had read where maids turned into princesses. Maybe she could be like that too?

"I shouldn't lose hope," she thought.

As she walked through the castle halls, Snow couldn't shake the feeling that she was in a dream. Everything seemed so surreal, like she was living in a storybook. But deep down, she knew that this was all too real. She was in a new world now, and she had to find a way to navigate it.