Chapter 2: Kill the Deal.

Three days had passed. Tatsumi kneeled in front of the graves of his friends. "It's...just me now." He said.

I can understand what he was going through. I, too, know what it's like to lose the ones you loved. I walked over to him and, in a comforting manner, placed a hand upon his shoulder.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Tatsumi. I truly am." I said. Not looking at me, he nodded his head in acknowledgement.

"So, did you two make up your mind yet?"

The two of us turned around to see Leone standing behind us. She had approached me yesterday about joining the night raid, but I already declined. After all, I already work for someone else.

But it looks like she wasn't giving up that easily.

"I think you two have got what it takes to join." She said, putting her arms around the two of us. "You've got skill..." She said to me, before turning her gaze to Tatsumi. "And you've got the talent for murder. At any rate I'll show you around the hideout today." She started dragging us over to a large building inside a cliff. Is it really a good Idea to have a hideout out in the open?"

We entered the hideout, came across a purple haired girl reading a book labelled One-hundred ways to fix airheadness. I could already tell what type of person she was. She looked up from her book, and at the Tatsumi and I.

"Hm, you still haven't made your minds up?", She asked the two of us.

"Yeah, Sheele . Maybe you would give them some words of encouragement." Said Leone. The one named Sheele put her book down and scratched her head while in thought.

"Now that you know the location of our hideout, you'll be killed if you don't join us." She bluntly said. Tatsumi visibly sweatdropped. Some words of encouragement alright.

"HEY!!!" A shrill voice reached out ears. All four of turned our attention to the pink haired girl that was there that night.

"WAIT A SECOND, LEONE! WHY'RE YOU LETTING THOSE GUYS INTO OUT HIDEOUT!?"

"Because they're one of us." Leone nonchalantly said.

"THEY'RE NOT ONE OF US YET ARE THEY? THEY HAVEN'T GOTTEN PERMISSION FROM THE BOSS, EITHER!" She angrily yelled.

She examined the two of us, starting with me. I crossed my arms. I glared at her from behind my mask. I can't wait to hear the wonderful things she's has to say.

"What's with that stupid getup? Who in their right mind would add white to their outfit? It makes them a bullseye." She critiqued.

"That's the point." I growled. Who is she to criticise my outfit when she's wearing all pink!?

She scoffed and turned to Tatsumi.

"Not qualified. It doesn't seem he'll be working with professionals like us after all. From looking at his face."

Ooo, that's gotta sting.

An argument broke out between the two of them. I paid no mind. It's not like it was of any importance

Leone stepped in to brake up the argument, dragging Tatsumi and myself away.

She took us to what was called the training grounds, there we saw a extremely muscular man with a black pompadour with several bruises on his face and a few on his torso, training with a spear. It was insane how well he handed it.

"The one who clearly looks like he reeks of sweat, is Bulat." Leone pointed out.

Bulat. I remember him.