Chapter 11: Kill the tournament.

I awoke with a heavy grogginess, my body protesting every attempt to move. Blinking against the haze, I tried to discern the passage of time. The room was dimly lit, and the air carried a quiet stillness.

A sense of warmth and weight pressed against my back, and as my senses sharpened, I realised Leone was asleep beside me. Her rhythmic breathing and the comforting embrace offered a stark contrast to the chaos of the recent battle. Despite the pain that lingered, her presence provided an unexpected solace, grounding me in the aftermath of the fight. I tried to get up, but her arms prevented me from getting up. I hear her stir and a small chuckle comes from her.

"G'morning, moonshine." She sleepily said.

"Good morning. Two questions: how long have I been out for and why are you in my bed?"

She leaned on my shoulder with a playful smile on her face. "Well, (F/N), If you want to know, you were out for two days. And to answer your second question, I'm in your bed because boss needed someone to watch over you so you, and I volunteered."

Damn, two days? That caught me off guard. The sound of my stomach rumbling indicated that I was hungry. I went to get up, only to be pulled back into bed by Leone.

"Leone..."

"Hm?"

"Can you let go of me? I need to get something to eat."

"Mmm, just a few seconds." She groaned. So I waited a few seconds.

Then a few seconds turned into a minute.

Then five minutes.

Then ten minutes.

"LEONE! LET GO ALREADY."

-----------------------

"Hey, everyone! Look who's back on their feet!" Leone called out as I entered the main room. All eyes turned to see me walking in, a bit wobbly, with Leone following just in case.

"Finally back on your feet, I see," acknowledged Najenda.

"Yeah, just about. What happened in the past two days while I was out?" I asked.

"Well, Taskmaster managed to escape. There have been no sightings of him in the capital, and we have no idea where he is," Najenda informed me.

"Hm. Well, hopefully, he'll think twice before ambushing us or trying to off me again." My gaze shifted to Tatsumi, who gulped. "You and I? We're having a chat about covering our tracks."

"He's right, you know. You got sloppy," remarked Akame casually.

"Am I going to get a punishment?" Tatsumi asked nervously.

"I can take him for a day's training," I volunteered.

"Are you sure?" Najenda asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. After all, his physique needs toughening up. He's soft."

"Hey, I'm not soft!" Tatsumi protested. I responded with a firm jab at his body with my index finger.

"Ow! Hey!" Tatsumi exclaimed.

"You can't train anyone yet. You've just bounced back, and your legs aren't even fully recovered," Mine nearly exclaimed.

"I can walk and throw a punch. That's all I need," I responded to her.

"Are you being intentionally dense!?" She asked.

"Huh?" I said in a mocking tone. I cast my gaze on Tatsumi.

"You're in for a hard day's training."

Even with those words, it couldn't prepare for the painful body conditioning I was putting him through. It began with elbowing hard oak trees, progressing to me punching him in the abs during sit-ups.