Chapter 4: Kill The Executioner

"Ready?" Leone's voice held a spark of challenge as she positioned herself, ready for our sparring session. I mirrored her stance. The training grounds were our proving ground, where resilience and skill intertwined.

Without a formal signal, we lunged into action simultaneously. Leone's agility shone as she surged forward, delivering a swift kick towards my midsection. I absorbed the blow, feeling the impact reverberate through my body. Her raised eyebrow betrayed her surprise at my unusual strategy.

Unfazed, she launched a series of rapid punches, each one connecting with its intended target on my arms and torso. I absorbed the strikes without flinching, my focus unbroken. Leone's expression shifted from surprise to concern as her attacks failed to elicit the usual responses.

As I took her hits head-on, her voice rang out with a mix of urgency and disbelief. "Hey, what are you doing? Defend yourself!"

Ignoring the aches that began to accumulate, I seized the opportunity to move forward, closing the distance between us. With a swift step, I delivered a powerful punch to her side. The impact surprised her, and she staggered back a step.

Regaining her composure, Leone unleashed a barrage of kicks, each one aimed at exploiting my perceived vulnerability. But I stood my ground, enduring the hits as they struck my legs and abdomen. Her confusion grew, the rhythm of our spar disrupted by my unorthodox approach.

Leone's movements became more calculated as she adjusted her strategy. She aimed for joints and pressure points, seeking to exploit any weaknesses in my defense. Yet, my resistance remained unyielding, prompting look of unease in her eyes.

The intensity of our exchange was palpable, the air charged with tension. Leone's brows furrowed, torn between her respect for my endurance and her instinctual concern for my well-being. Despite her reservations, she continued to press the attack, her strikes growing more precise and measured.

My response was unwavering. I lunged forward, grappling with her, and managed to pin her arm behind her back. The exertion revealed the sweat on both our brows, our heavy breathing punctuating the moment. Leone's voice, strained and wary, broke the silence.

"Why... why are you taking all the hits?"

With a determined expression, I met her gaze. "It's not just about dodging or blocking. It's about how much punishment the body is willing to take."

Leone's surprise slowly transformed into understanding, and a small smile touched her lips. She attempted to free herself from my hold, testing my grip. I released her, and we stepped back, our spar having reached an unspoken conclusion.

Leone wiped her brow, her earlier concern replaced by a newfound respect. "You've got guts," she admitted, her voice holding a note of approval.

As we caught our breath, I nodded in appreciation. "And you've got skills, Leone. Your agility is impressive."

She offered a nod of acknowledgement, a shared camaraderie solidified through our unconventional battle. Our sparring session had tested not only our physical limits but had forged a unique connection between us.

Walking away from the training grounds, I reflected on the significance of our encounter as I made my way back to my room. They way she showed concern over my fighting style. It showed that she cared for me.

I pushed open the door to my room, stepping inside to a familiar scene. My gaze swept across the space, taking in the distinctive elements that made this place mine. The statue of Khonshu stood sentinel, a symbol of the deity whose essence flowed within me. The Khopesh, suspended on the wall, bore testament to a weapon seldom employed, a relic of a life before vengeance consumed my purpose.