Locked out of the Bathroom

You had a newfound pep in your step when you returned Ominis' wand in the morning. You nearly danced up to his door, proud to tell him you'd found it and also proud to show him that you'd used his spell again to get past the stairs. You knocked on their door three times and began fussing with your hair. Maybe you had the tiniest crush on Ominis. The last few minutes you had spent lying in bed before falling asleep all you could think about were his soft, warm fingers engulfing you into an embrace. The more you thought about your grasp on his arm the more butterflies arose in your stomach. Of course, you wouldn't mind looking nice if Sebastian Sallow was to answer the door as well. Though you reprimanded yourself for letting yourself get distracted with wizard talk when you should really be out familiarizing yourself with the castle and strategizing with Professor Fig.

The boys on the other hand, were not so chipper to answer the door. Sebastian opened the door, revealing a scene of two Slytherins slumped over in their school robes, with grey under eyes and droopy frowns. Each looked as if they hadn't slept in the last millennia.

"Good morning!" You beamed. Sebastian's eyes widened as he realized who it was. He stiffened up his posture but could not hide the bags under his eyes. Ominis on the other hand shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot, listening to your conversation.

"How in Merlin's name did you get past the spell on the stairs?" Sebastian asked with curiosity.

"With the spell Permitria of course. A great wizard taught it to me."

"Our dirty Omi boy, how could he ever happen to know a spell like that?" Sebastian's devilish grin turned to Ominis who now looked rather uncomfortable. "And how does one look like that after getting so little sleep?" He finished, gaze now running up and down yourself as he leaned against the doorframe. You felt yourself blush.

"I think it's quite obvious who sought out that spell." Ominis snapped quickly.

"Well, we better get you inside. Don't want anyone spotting you out in the corridor." Sebastian ushered you in and closed the door behind you. You walked straight to Ominis who still stood facing the wall to your right. His tie was slightly crooked and maybe if Sebastian wasn't in the room you would have thought of fixing it for him.

Their room was similar to your own. Although some areas, which you presumed to be Sebastian's, were much more untidy. In the corner between two beds was a large pitcher of some sort of strange-looking potion which seemed to have quite a few drinks missing from it. Curiosity had almost gotten the best of you when you opened your mouth to ask what was in it, but you presented Ominis with his wand instead. He quickly took it from your hands muttering a quick thanks as a look of relief spread quickly over his face. His fingers did not linger on your hands as they did last night and you could not deny it made you a bit disappointed.

"Y/n!" Sebastian exclaimed. "How did you find that? Ominis and I have been searching for that for hours this morning. You must have been up all night!" You began to feel a little guilty for keeping it tucked under your pillow the whole night. Does no one really cast Revelio around here?

"It was really not a problem." You replied swiftly. "I'm sorry I did not return it sooner."

The three of you made your way down to potions together. You and Sebastian as you were, a constant state of bickering and laughter. Occasionally Ominis would chime in to mock the both of you and let out a laugh of his own. You found yourself trying to walk next to him throughout the entire journey but he did not seem to reciprocate your advances. He stood clear to Sebastian's left side and kept his head focused on only his front. He must surely know where you were now that he had his wand leading him again. You began to feel like a fool. Overthinking everything you experienced last night. The least painful way to think of it was a complete misunderstanding of the situation. More uncomfortable was the thought that maybe you had spent the entire night flirting with the same Ominis who was too tired of you to even match your walking pace the next morning.