The Relic and The Catacomb

"Deek wonders where Ominis Gaunt is."

Deek's reminder shouldn't have irked you as much as it did, as it was not his fault that the last time you had visited the Room of Requirement you had been with Ominis. However, as he said it, you felt your blood boil again, your whole body becoming itchy, even to the soles of your feet. You had made nearly 27 batches of potions in your new room to get your mind off of the racing thoughts. Then, when you found yourself thinking and rethinking the events of the last week yet again, you brewed a new set.

"Ominis won't be coming around for a while." You said distractedly, adding positively too much horklump juice to your cauldron and not caring one bit. Your fingers shook as you toyed with the hem of your shirt, perhaps from a lack of sleep or perhaps from the amount of caffeinated tea you had sipped, preventing you from sleeping. However, the mindless monotony of potion-making was doing well at distracting you from the impending doom of class with Ominis in a couple of hours, so you welcomed the poorly-created vials warmly.

When it was finally time to leave your room and head to Defense Against the Dark Arts class, you quickly adorned a school uniform and headed out the door. With a long walk ahead of you, you were left with nowhere else to put your thoughts and your mind raced over what Ominis had said. You could still feel his lips against yours, his hands trailing from your waist to your hips, his breath on your neck—needless to say, it felt dirty now. And dirty in a much different way, an extremely unfun one. You could not tell if you were either just an extremely bad kisser or if he actually enjoyed that sort of activity with his blood relatives. Regardless of the answer, you did not like your odds.

You saw him sitting with Sebastian at a bench when you entered the classroom. Sebastian seemed to be pestering him about something before his eyes darted to you entering the classroom and he quickly averted his gaze. Taking a deep breath, you smoothed out your robe and walked to the pair.

"Hey... little bro!" You stopped as you hit the bench, bringing out an awkward fist to lightly punch Ominis on the shoulder. His body froze, staring straight ahead of himself with a certain stiff posture before he got up from his seat abruptly. Sebastian shot you a confused glance before returning to the desk in front of him as if he had not been listening.

"I've got to go to the lavatory," Ominis said quickly. Soon after, he disappeared from the room and into the hall. From behind you, Garreth Weasley began to laugh, opening his mouth to say something before Sebastian threw him a crude gesture without bothering to turn around.

"Y/n–" Sebastian started.

"Shut your mouth, I don't want to hear it." You scowled, taking a seat next to Sebastian. Your temper was short today. He bit his lip and began tugging his notes out of his book bag.

"I've talked to him." He said.

"Not interested."

Sebastian snorted. "Not about that . Don't quite know where to start there. But, about the catacomb, I mean. He's agreed to go with us." He spoke with purpose, and as you turned to face him, you saw a glinting of hope in his eyes which had been missing for quite a while. You looked away quickly, your heart fluttering with that familiar guilt again, not having forgotten about your words with Anne.

"That's wonderful, I'm sure you and Ominis will have a wonderful time together. Maybe he will kiss you too." You kept your voice firm, refusing to allow your wavering uncertainty to slip through the cracks.

"I sure hope not. Though, if it did have to be any boy, it would be Ominis." Sebastian frowned now, tilting his head in thought. "That's beside the point. Please don't say no, you promised if I talked with him you would go too."