Back Together

Authors note: This is just a short little chapter to set up some context for the next chapter which will be hefty! and emotionally taxing so I do hope you're ready for that :P
_____

Your head continued to throb into the morning. When Ominis had dropped you off at your room last night, you imagined he probably thought you would go straight to sleep after. You had had quite the eventful day. Almost dying, going blind, and being carried miles and miles by Ominis in the middle of the night were not all things that happened to you every day. (You never wanted to experience the first two again but would gladly accept the last) But ironically, you could not find sleep. You tossed and turned in your bed, imagining the feeling of his soft touches all over you, his warm breath against your cheek, how close you had been crashing your lips into his.

Had he really meant all that he said? How passionate and earnest he seemed when he spoke of never wanting to lose you? Of never hating you? Not even when you continuously made a fool out of yourself in front of him, always earning him a spot in trouble.

You knew you needed rest, but you could only imagine that pained look on his face as he desperately asked if you were okay. The way he soothed back your hair as you sobbed into him. The way your body fit perfectly in between his legs on the floor of the Undercroft. You still hadn't given him back his cloak. You lay, wrapped around it under the covers of your bed, every so often bringing it up to your nose to engulf yourself in his scent. You were so doomed.Around 6 am when you could not take the endless chatter within your brain, you finally got up and began getting dressed. You tucked his robe under your pillows and desperately searched for any sort of potion that might dull the pounding aches within your body. When you made your way out of the room and to the common room you saw a familiar figure gliding past to the stairway.

Sebastian strode confidently and quickly as always, his brown book bag tucked neatly under his arm and an apple in the other hand.

"Sebastian!" You called, desperate for any sort of normalcy. He stared back at you with wide eyes as if looking at a ghost. Then a large, goofy smile came over his face as he trotted over to hug you.

"Thank Merlin, you're alright!" He said, pulling back swiftly."Yes, I'm quite fine. How did you know that..-" You trailed off.

"Ominis practically barged into the room last night at the ungodliest of hours. I could tell he didn't want to tell me anything, but he was a mess. Not sure what you did with him but I have never seen him so distraught in my life. Told me he needed some wiggenweld potions immediately and I figured it was the least I could do for him after everything." He scratched the back of his head. "His potions are terrible, probably would have killed you if you'd taken them, to be honest."

"He got the potions from you?" You supposed it made a lot more sense than breaking into your own dorm room. In the haze of your pain and confusion you hadn't really thought out how he was going to get a hold of the healing potion from your belongings, you guessed he took matters into his own hands. Despite how furious he was with Sebastian, he was willing to break his vow of silence with him to save you.

"Yes. You're both lucky I had a spare!" He chuckled lightly. "This might be crass. But I'd actually like to thank you, y/n. I was scared I wasn't ever going to speak to Ominis again. When he returned later that night we actually had quite a lovely conversation. I suppose I have you to thank for calming his mood, you do take such good care of our Omi-boy."

"I am still not fond of that nickname." You heard the ring of Ominis' voice from down the hallway. He emerged in a freshly pressed robe and uniform, walking smoothly over to the two of you. A playful scowl crossed his face. You felt your cheeks flush at the sight of him, how you had just been imagining and reimaging the sensations of his fingertips on your arms. You wished he had not heard Sebastian talk about how you took care of him as it only made you more embarrassed.