Ball Invitation

Ryan's POV

I was so happy to see my brother Sam coming out of his room we talked about our parents,his internship and now his wish to start his own startup let's see how it would end but he has my and father's whole support.That's when we headed to breakfast table where I ignored Laura's existence and started having my breakfast chatting with Sam but in the middle of it he started calling Laura as his SIL and to appreciate her efforts he kissed her hand to which I was so pissed where I ignored her and he has to compliment her.

I never in this one year complimented her for the work she's done or for the efforts put by her likewise she never gave me any chance to complain and so never deserved any punishment for it.But I didn't like Sam calling her SIL as I never considered her as my wife.But Sam asked me to call her Laura but I didn't liked it either.Soon we left for office but I'll make sure to have a talk with Laura about this after reaching home.I'll make sure she will herself tell Sam to call her something else.Maybe I was behaving possessive as Sam suspected.I was thinking about this when Sam entered my office showing me the invitation of a ball organised by the Bells every year and as the Son in law I and Laura have to attend it which is going to be difficult for both of us as she has never attended any party with me introducing her as my wife. This will be So So Much  DIFFICULT. Now maybe I have to ask her if she has any appropriate clothes for herself as I never cared for her expenses and she never asked for any allowances except for food or house related which I transfer her $2000/- in her credit card every month.She has always managed with it without being a botheration.

I sighed and started my day with the first meeting with investors for Sam's startup.
After all the tiredness I couldn't stay at the office so I informed Sam to look after certain pending issues since I left to call it a day.I called my driver to drop me home,the moment I reached home I saw Laura in a beautiful sun dress combing her hair in the balcony taking my breaths away.I never imagined that she could look so mesmerising dressed in such a simple way or it was I who did not envisioned her before Sam's entry in our life.
The moment she caught my eyes gazing her she became cautious and ran in the room closing the balcony door shut and rushing downstairs to greet me which was now a ritual to be followed everyday when I saw her opening the door I whisper yelled "What are you wearing?" to which she replied saying "It's a sun dress above knee length and ..."I didn't let her continue coz I was jealoused maybe I didn't wanted anyone to look at her so I asked her"Do you want to seduce me or my brother for that matter,if not you wouldn't have worn it because you look absolutely like a slut to be taken right here right now".I saw the pool of tears for the very first time in her eyes in this whole year she had never shown me her emotions any time and yelled at her ,"Go and change immediately I don't want you to wear such dresses in front of anyone" to which she ran and changed the dress, after sometime she brought a cup of coffee in the study wearing a long tshirt and baggy jeans  to which I complimented her taking the sip of coffee saying "Now you look presentable and the coffee 's good" which was a first for her I saw her frozen shocked at my compliment maybe she didn't expected this from me and I smirked at this thought because it was rarely I commented on anything.To keep the conversation going I complimented again saying " The breakfast was good today"and she replied a small "Thank you".I wanted to inform her about the ball organised by her parents to accompany me as my wife when she tried to keep the empty cup in the tray and was moving out so to stop her from doing that I took hold of her wrist and I saw fear in her eyes and asked her to be seated on the chair"Sit down I need to talk something important with you.Are you aware that there's a ball held by your parents every year?I received an invitation so now as the daughter of Bells and being my wife you need to be introduced to everyone you need to accompany me to the ball for which you need to dress like one.Do you have any dress which is not slutty or else if you don't have anything I will take you for shopping."to which she replied "Every year I never attended any of the balls till last year so I don't have any clue as how to get dressed".
I sighed and called my friend Rose and asked her for help as she always carried herself very nicely I adored her for that.