Death

Blood clouded my vision; a sense of dread tickled my heart... was this how I was going to die? Tears fell from my eyes I simply couldn't grasp the idea that I was going to die. My life was full of vast riches, being a successful business owner who climbed the ranks of society through hard work. At a young age I met a brick wall. Even with all my money, I couldn't cure the disease that caused this slow death of mine. Why? Why? WHY?!

My emotions exploded; it wasn't fair! My company! My riches! My cat! All of this handed down to my worthless brother?! I wanted to believe that I wouldn't go down without a fight but sadly I am unable to fight for what is rightfully my friends. When I was diagnosed, I told my very capable friend that my company was in her care. I never got to make it legal. My mother and I were still arguing about the heir, I never got to write it down.

Naturally all of this is going to my brother who always envied me. He dropped out of college; I pursued my career. He is not capable of taking care of himself, how is he going to take care of my business? All my hard work, my tears, my heartbreaks, and all for nothing!

  Slowly I started shutting down.

"How sad~" A cold voice rang. "Even in your dying moments you stayed strong." A tall dark shadow fell over the body. A large scythe and a chilling skull mask, the grim reaper. "Little soul, I'll free you now." He outstretched his hand, a tiny orb emerged from the body. The orb shifted, changing into the being she once was. "Huh?" Akabana looked around eventually spotting her now dead body. Her face paled, "Wha-"That's when she noticed the cloaked figure.

Slowly raising his arms he made peace signs. Akabana stiffened, "Your real?!" The cloaked man scoffed, raising his scythe, "I am very much real. Are you?" It was a sweet childish voice, it calmed Akabana down in such ways that she began to wonder What this creature wanted from her. "Who are you."

"I am what humans call the navigator to death... or death himself." Akabana nodded a chill running down her spine, "Now let's get going, stay beside me at all times." A huge dark warp formed; strange noises came from the inside. He entered the entity, reluctantly she followed. Dread washed over her, a nauseating feeling. "May I now your name?"

The scythe glowed a dark red, "Miss Akabana, please refrain from asking me such personal questions." Her face contorted to a mixture of fear and confusion. How does he know my name? She halted, questioning his motives. That's when the darkness engulfed her. A cold breath hit her neck, her eyes widened, and she shrieked. A huge scythe swerved past her, knocking her over, a pair of hands wrapped around her waist. "I told you to stay next to me."

Akabana gasped. "What was that!?" A low cackle broke the heavy silence. "Well if it isn't Mr. Grim reaper himself!" A lean raven-haired man approached them. He wore a feathered coat, and a small rat like grin stuck to his face. He wasn't quite as tall as the cloaked man, but he was still as intimidating. "Hurry Miss Akabana, just ignore him." Akabana glanced back at the rat man but quickly followed the reaper.

With a swift move the man was in front of him again. Akabana had to admit... he was gorgeous. With one movement of his pointer finger the creepy skull mask fell right off the cloaked man's face. Akabana didn't know what to expect, maybe a gnarly face or even darkness! When the mask fell off an attractive face came out.

Chestnut locks fell, and his eyes were like pools of honey. He had fair red lips and a small black skull tattoo hovered over his left eye. Like a stunning piece of art. The raven-haired man let out a satisfied sigh. "Your so pretty..."

Akabana couldn't help but stare, that's when his brown eyes met hers.

"Let's go miss Akabana, we don't have much time, your soul is slowly being forgotten." The rat man frowned, "Don't you miss me?" His eyes diverted back to him. That's when they shone brightly, Akabana saw his foot move, telling her to make a run for it.