six

It was almost 9AM sharp as you were making your way to the conference room with some of your team members. Garcia and Hotch were already inside making sure everyone had a file ready at their seat.

You were looking at your boss but he didn't even glance in your direction. He gave a general "good morning everyone" but that was it. Not that you had expected anything anyway. You took a seat next to him as it was the only one left.

"The latest victim is Tara Ferris, 20. She's the third victim in two weeks." Garcia showed us the crime scene pictures of the girl. "All found on freeway off-ramps by commuters."

"He's not really hiding them, especially during LA morning rush hour. It's like he wants them to be found" Morgan said. "Any signs of sexual assault?" Garcia shook her head no.

Reid noticed how pale they were and read in the file "all of the victims were severely hypovolemic. The latest victim had less than a pint of blood in her." He continued to compare that to the earlier victims who had three pints each left.

"Well if exsanguination is the goal, the unsub is definitely becoming more proficient" you continued, not looking up from the file.

Garcia shows another picture of the TV that shows a message written on Tara's arm: the liar.
"The liar, that's strange isn't it? Not a liar, or just liar." Hotchner says. "So what did she lie about?" JJ asks the group.

"All of the victims appear to have been strangled and then bled out through identical wounds in the throat." Penelope continues and shows pictures of the marks in the victims' necks. "Seriously? Are those supposed to be fang marks?" Emily asks in clear disbelief. "Well... all of the victims' wounds were covered in saliva... human saliva."

"As though someone drank their blood." You stated.

You're all finishing up the discussion and get up from the table quickly. "Wheels up in 30." Your boss says before being the first to walk out of the conference room.

During the plane ride everyone was focused on the case. Reid begins with giving us information about blood drinkers, "human blood consumption or clinical vampirism, is known as Renfield's Syndrome, named after the insect-eating character in Dracula."

Apparently they're not necessarily sadists, the blood is the focus. The pain is usually a byproduct. It is usually accompanied by some varying levels of schizophrenia and maybe even classical cannibalism as one evolves.

"Classic cannibalism," Rossi states "lovely job we have." You snicker to yourself and listen to Reid continuing his explanation that the unsub and the victims have most definitely crossed paths before because this kind of condition often times involves obsession.

We go over a couple more details and theories before we land.

After Rossi and Emily had gone to the home of the latest victim Tara they brought her laptop back to get checked out for me to check and to hook Garcia up to it. "Everything you need to know about a young girls like you can find on their social network sites" you tell them as they arrive back at the local police station.

"Are you in yet Garcia?" You ask the blonde bubbly woman at the other end of the video call. "Everything is password protected, so you might not be able to-" but Garcia is already in. "The password was 'Cullen'" she smiles.

"Ah of course," you and JJ both chuckle.

"Colon?" Reid asks with a puzzled look on his face as he looks up from the whiteboard.

"Cullen" you say "it's the vampire family from Twilight." Reid narrows his eyes, "what's Twilight?"

JJ chimes in "do you ever read anything other than technical books?" Reid shakes his head "not much in English no." You snicker at his response. She gets up from the table and says she'll go talk to Tara's BFF. Once she leaves you have to explain to the Dr. what that means.