ten

It was close to 1AM when you arrived back at your apartment. You kicked off your shoes in the hall and left them there, you were so exhausted from the case and then your meeting with Hotch. And not to forget everything else that happened between you and him. You couldn't allow yourself to even go there in your mind because it would send shivers down your spine. The way his soft lips felt on your mouth and on you neck. He kissed you with so much passion yet it was still so tender. In that moment you were putting everything you worked so hard for these last couple of months, years even- on the line. You didn't just magically show up at the FBI's doorstep and started working there. Working hard is all you've ever known and now you're going around making out with your literal boss.

Elio was sleeping on the sofa, you noticed he was curled up onto the sweater said boss left here a couple weeks ago. You still hadn't returned it, mostly because you haven't been home much and it went out of your mind. You pulled out your phone and started typing a text.

"Just remembered you left your sweater here a couple weeks ago, I can bring it with me tomorrow if you'd like."

You put your phone on the kitchen island and went into the bathroom, putting your hair up in a claw clip. You began washing your face and doing a quick skin care routine. After that you took off your clothes, put them in the already piling out hamper and slipped into a fresh pair of black panties and a crop top that was a little tight on your breasts, but it was fine. The weather was getting warmer and so were the nights. You weren't planning on sweating all night long.

As you walked back into the kitchen you just heard your phone go off, a text message came through.

"If you open your door I'll pick it up right now. -H"

You looked at your phone screen with a puzzled look on your face and then peeked into the hall at your front door. You quietly walked over there and looked through the peep hole, your heart immediately gaining speed as you saw your boss at the other side. You unlocked the door and kind of hid behind it halfway, suddenly remember the outfit you were in, leaving... well nothing to the imagination. He walked in and stood by it awkwardly, "I was just about to go home when I got your text." He said, kind of looking at you confused as you stood behind the door.

"Oh, okay. Well your sweater is on the couch, Elio is actually sleeping on top of it so you might have to get past him first." You pointed towards where your living room was down the hall. He nodded and walked down the hall and disappeared into the darkness, leaving the moonlight as the only source of light. You quickly but quietly ran down the hall and into the bedroom, snatching your lilac coloured, silk robe from the bed and putting it on. You walked back into the living room as you were tying the string. The scene you walked in on was not the one you expected. "He didn't want to get up so I got him up." Aaron Hotchner stood in your dark living, carrying your cat like a little baby in his arms. He was awkwardly kind of swaying his arms as your cat seemed to sleep through it all. You couldn't help but chuckle at the mere sight of this strong and tall man holding a little cat like a baby. You walked over to the couch and got his sweater, you folded it neatly and handed it to him after he put Elio back onto the couch. Of course he was now awake so he did a stretch and walked off. "Thanks" he said.

There was a silence between the two of you, but you both definitely felt the tension in the air. "Hotch- I..." you said, but before you could say anything else he was walking over to you but suddenly stopping in his tracks right before you, you were barely touching. Your hands were across your chest and his arms were next to him, his eyes were dark as he searched for yours. You returned the eye contact but couldn't even focus long enough, your eyes traveled down his face and you looked at his lips, feeling yourself long for them. "I-" he breathed, you felt his warm but minty breath on your face, which instantly made you close your eyes because it completely overwhelmed you. "I know I might have initiated what happened earlier but I- I need to know that you want this. I'm your unit chief, I can't-" he looked down at the floor. You put your hand on his cheek and lifted his chin with your fingers. "Did I not kiss you back like I meant it?" You asked, slowly rubbing across his lip with your thumb.