sixteen

"Alright buddy, come here." Aaron said as he put his arms underneath his son's small frame and pulling him from the car. You closed the car door behind them and walked to the front of the apartment building, holding the door open for them to pass through first.

He carried Jack in his arms as he was soundly asleep, the movie and especially the milkshakes must've knocked him out. You all got back into the apartment and Aaron disappeared around the corner of the hall with his son.

You placed your purse onto the kitchen island and kicked off your boots and set them by the stool, out of the way so there was no tripping danger. You went into the living room and sat down on the couch, you went on your phone and saw that it was almost 10:30 in the evening, of course Jack was tired from the long and exciting day he had. You scrolled through some of your social media platforms but there wasn't anything interesting to see.

After a couple of minutes, Hotch returned and joined you in the living room. "He's sound asleep." He quietly said as to not wake his son up. "You want a glass of wine? Red?" He asked from the kitchen, "sure." You quickly responded.

You heard him walking around in the kitchen and opening a couple of cabinets until after a few moments he walked up to you with two glasses of wine, handing you one. He sat down next to you as you took a sip of the wine, "so good." You mumbled, "thank you."

He also took a little sip before returning his attention to you, you were sitting next to each other and his arm was resting along the edge of the couch, his fingers just touching your shoulder. "So," he began "what did you want to talk about?"

You slowly took another sip of your drink. "Hotch..." you breathed "I was wondering..."

He gave you a puzzled look as you tried to get your sentence out. "I was wondering what this is and where we're going with it." You quickly said before putting your lips on the glass again, getting ready to drink.

His expression didn't even change for a bit as you fired the question on him, which made you question yourself a little. "You know..." he said. "I don't know, to be honest."

You felt your heart sink just a little bit. You didn't even know what you wanted his respons to be. "Okay." You breathed.

"What do you think it is?" He asked, taking another sip from his glass. His face went all serious, he was doing that eyebrow thing he always did and narrowing his eyes as he looked at you.

"I don't know either I guess."

"Well it's definitely something." He mumbled

"Yeah, I guess. Maybe something is okay." You slightly nodded. "For now." He smiled

"For now." You agreed, not knowing what that meant, but it didn't feel wrong?

"I guess what I'm also wondering is... is are you seeing other people as well? You know, sexually?" You asked.

He quickly and confidently shook his head "no. Honestly I don't know where I would find the time." He said, rubbing his temple with his fingers. "If I'm not at work I'm with Jack and if I'm not with Jack whilst I'm not at work, than I've been with you? And even at work I've also been with you for the last what... couple of weeks?"

You nodded your head in agreement. "What about you?" He asked

"No, I actually haven't been seeing anyone else. Not even before-" you gestures your hand back and forth between the both of you a couple of times "- this happened."

"Well... then that's good? I think?" He asked, "we could just let this be what it is right now, for a while. We can see where it goes?"

You nodded, "I can do that."