twenty seven

You woke up around 8AM the next morning, yours and Aaron's legs tangled between the bedsheets. "Good morning" he quietly said, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. His fingertips lingered on your neck.

"Hi" you smiled weakly, still feeling tired from the night before. "Sleep good?" He asked, you were laying on your stomach and he was on his side, facing you. He placed his hand on your bare back and rubbed circles with his thumb, his touch instantly making your stomach flutter.

"Wonderful actually. But it's so early." You groaned, letting your eyes fall closed again and enjoying the sensation of him rubbing your back.

"I know, and I was so quiet because I didn't want to wake you."

"How long have you been up?" You raised an eyebrow, your eyes still remaining closed. "For about an hour. I already made some coffee and read the newspaper."

You chuckled, "Aaron Hotchner, why are you such a morning person."

"Why are you not a morning person?" He asked, leaning in and placing a sweet peck on your cheek, your lips nearly touching. He began to pull away but you reached out your arm and swung it around his neck, pulling him back in. A soft chuckle escaped his lips before they were on yours. "I'd be a morning person if this was my view every morning." You said, your eyes scanning his bare upper body and just a bit of his V, as much as the bedsheets allowed you to see. You bit down on your bottom lip as you looked at him.

"You're a sight for sore eyes too." He whispered, placing another kiss on your shoulder.

"Mmm, this is nice." You whispered

"Yeah?" He moved up and put his arm over your back, pulling you into his side. You cuddled up to him and rested your head in the crook of his neck, placing little kisses on his collar bone. His hand slowly slid from your upper back down to your ass and he gently grabbed it which made you moan. He held his hand there and rested his head on the pillow as you snuggled into him.

"How would you feel about me telling Penelope about us? About ... whatever we are?" You asked quietly, unsure of how he would react.

He remained silent for a few moments. "I would've liked to wait a little longer personally. But if you feel like you want to tell her, then who am I to stop you?" He asked, kissing your temple and giving your bottom a little squeeze.

"I just feel like- she already knows. I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone knows or suspects something. But it's been hard not being able to talk to anyone about this." You explained, your hand found his chest and you gently stroked your fingers through his chest hair.

"Hmhm, I understand. But you can talk to me about this."

"I know, but you're the other half of this. And you don't even know what this is. An outsiders perspective might be nice. She's my best friend."

"I may not fully know what this is but I know enough to be able to tell you that I like you, a lot. But I think that was pretty clear. And maybe I don't need to know any more." Your heart fluttered in your chest as he said those words. He's said those before but it felt different now, for some reason. Maybe it was because you had both confessed that this was not just a fluke or a random thing? And this validation felt good, it made you feel happy.

"You're obsessed with me." You chuckled, gently smacking his chest.

"I really am." He laughed heartily. You loved that sound so much, it was such a genuine laugh and he always used his entire body for them.

"I can tell."

"If you want to tell her, you have my full support." He whispered, leaning down to kiss you. "Thank you. I'll let you know if I do." You mumbled against his soft lips. Even after all these months, kissing him still sent shudders down your spine, he still made you feel like you were floating, just like the first time. You felt it in your heart that this was worth exploring.