Finding Hunter

Everyone was out looking for Hunter. They decided to separate, one team looks through the sky and the second team looks at the ground. Darius, Raine, Willow, Gus, and Luz stayed on the ground while the rest watched from above. "I have to admit Hunter is good at hiding when he wants to." Darius sighed slightly frustrated with the boy has been acting lately. As they searched Luz walked up next to the coven head and Willow on the other side.

"Um, Mr. Darius?" The abomination-haired man didn't look at them but he did acknowledge them. Willow spoke up next. "You used to just brush him off when met you both but now you are always concerned about his well-being?" Darius looked surprised before he started to ignore the two girls.

Raine, who had been watching, walked up to them. "Darius is just concern about Hunter's well being ever since he got trapped in the emperor's mind with you, Luz." Out of nowhere, a familiar red cardinal came flying towards them chirping frantically. They followed the bird and they kept following the bird until they started hearing panic breath and sobs. They found the golden guard near a cliff leaning against a huge familiar tree having a panic attack.

"I'm not real...not a witch...worthless..." was all Hunter kept muttering as he cried. When they all got together and carefully watched them from a distance. Lilith, Amity, and Eda didn't see a loyal teen prodigy, no all they saw was a sad, depressed, broken boy. "Luz please take your friends back to the house we take care of this." Luz wanted to help but she nodded as she and the others back to the owl house.

Darius noticed something in the grass, he recognized it to be Hunter's gloves. Hunter was too busy panicking that didn't notice the four until Darius put his hand on his shoulder. Darius quickly removed his when he saw the kid flinch. Hunter continued to panic.

"Kid takes deep breathes," Eda told him as she took a deep breath to get him to follow her. Darius look at the kid very concerned, he deeply cared about the kid. Hunter started to calm down but he still looked broken.

Lilith looked at the boy, she felt bad for hating a kid. Something caught her eye when she looked down. Her eyes caught sight of Hunter's scar-covered hands, instantly covering her mouth with her own. The other three saw what Lilith was looking at. Hunter rarely ever took off his gloves and they had looks of guilt and pain.

Raine looked at Hunter carefully before asking, "Hunter, did Belos do this to you?" Hunter finally looked up to look all of them in the eyes before he slowly nodded his head before another set of tears came pouring down his cheeks. 

Darius gently pulled Hunter into a hug which was quickly returned. After a while, the boy finally calmed down. Darius felt his heart hurt seeing his kid in so much pain.

'Don't worry Little Prince, I won't let anyone hurt you again,' Darius vowed to himself.