Petrifying day

WARNING: Very heart breaking, Belos being an a**, Hunter facing his trauma head on, Luz is a great sister, ect.

The day has finally come, the day that Belos will be petrify. Everyone arrived quiet as if it was a funeral. Both hex squads were in the front, wanting to get it over with. Hunter was scared and nervous. Luz stood next to him giving him a reassuring smile, she felt bad for Hunter having his whole life turned upside-down but he needed this.

"You good?" Luz asks, whether it was for her or hunter she could tell you. "Just wanting to end this." Hunter looked even more upset than usual. "I wish I never went back in that time pool and  teach him the light spell or introduce him to The Collector. I set everything in motion." Luz was ready to cry feeling guilty for everything. Their friends heard what Luz had said and were worried.

"Hey none of this your fault." Amity states. The other three stood behind him Luz looked at them not feeling sure. "She's right," Willow adds. Hunter placed his hand on Luz's shoulder causing her to look at him.

 "You changed us all for the better. Willow and Gus are more confident, Vee is safe, Amity is happier and I have a family that actually cares about me. Yes you were tricked. That's what Belos does. He tricks people. But if it weren't you, it would have been someone else, and then there'd be no one left to fight back. So let's do that. Let's fight back. Please? For the Boiling Isles?" Luz gave a smiled seeing that she did help everyone in someway. 

Everyone went quiet as  a certain witch-hunter being pulled forward by chains. Everyone watch with a mixture of anger, disgust, and betrayal. Collector hid behind Darius as Hunter and Luz stood in front of Belos. Said witch-hunter smirked seeing the two, ignoring hunter.

"Well if it isn't the person that turned my kingdom against me." Luz glared at the former emperor. "You already turned my nephew against me now you turned my kingdom against me." Belos taunted. Belos words cut deep at the human and hunter stepped up to comfort the Latina. Belos kept going wanting to break her spirit even more. "You are human too why do you ruin a chance to get rid of witches?"

 He was ignoring everyone hearing  his statement. Hunter had finally had enough was already trying to keep the scarlet beast at bay. "WILL YOU SHUT UP!!" Since the majority of the isle was far from the petrification area. The two generation hexsquad were and went quiet. "You dare raise your voice at your only family." 

"FAMILY?! YOU KILLED YOUR OWN BROTHER JUST BECAUSE HE FELL IN LOVE WITH A WITCH! YOU MADE GRIMWALKERS TO REPLACE HIM ONLY TO DESTROY THEM OVER AGAIN." The scarlet beast started to show as he continued to yell. "YOU SAY THAT LUZ TURNED EVERYONE AGAINST YOU BUT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE!"

"Hunter, is this what you would like? Seen as a freak?" Belos curse started to act up as he tried to harm Luz only for Hunter to block him. 

"You know what I'd like, Belos? I'd like to leave the Emperor's Coven and never step foot in that throne room again. I'd like to study wild magic, and learn how to carve palismen. I'd like to attend Hex-side as a regular student and play flyer derby with my friends. But most of all, I'd like to make sure you never hurt anyone again! And I have you know I already have a family and you are not anywhere in it."

 With that Hunter activated the petrification glyph that discretely attached to his cursed arm. "Hope you could reconnect with Caleb in the afterlife, Uncle Philip." Hunter said to the now stone statue of the witch-hunter. Luz stared at her adopted brother in awe, he somehow had manage to find his harpy form. His hair gained streaks of red, cardinal feathers only appeared up on his fore  arms and half his legs, he also had big cardinal wings. 

Flapjack chirped concerned about his witch. Hunter returned to his witch form. "Are you okay?" Hunter looked towards his litter sister as everyone got closer see the whole thing looking at the blond worried. "Yeah." the answer was vague and they did really know. 

"Are you sure little prince?" Hunter looked toward his new family then back at his palismen and smiled. "I will be. Just happy that Caleb and Evelyn can finally can rest in peace now." with that everyone  headed to their homes. Hunter and Luz turned around and the ghost of Caleb and Evelyn smiling at them. They waved back as the spirits disappeared in the wind. "Philip needs you to guide him. Show him the light, dad." Hunter whispered under his breath.

When they got home Hunter stayed outside even when it started to rain. It didn't seem to bother him until Darius used his abomination to bring him inside and Collector fixed his clothes. The brother went to their room to relax. "Hunter are you sure you are okay?" Hunter looked at his little brother. "I will be."

As the brothers were in there rooms Flapjack was staring out the window seeing a familiar old friend. The rain had stopped letting the cardinal fly down to him landing on his shoulder. "You did well Flapjack. I have something for Hunter." He took a small piece of paper in his beak. "Take care of him." Caleb's spirit faded as the palismen flew off back home.