Script Cahnges

Chapter 2

I told  Paget all  about my first morning filming, telling her about some of the cast and crew I had the pleasure of meeting; of course Paget had only been interested in hearing about Eve, and how things were going between us since this morning when we were in hair and make-up, after letting out a heavy sigh, I explained all about the script changes, that I'm about to do a run through with Eve very soon, I also told Paget that she didn't seem to remember me, once again Paget reminds me it had happened years ago, to try to let it go and try to move on since we were going to be working together for the next ten months, if not more, I knew Paget was right, after giving it some thought, I let out another sigh before finally telling Paget, I will do my best to just get on with the job, however I wasn't going to make any promises, knowing me and Eve at some point will go weeks without seeing each other, since we will both have lots of scenes with different people in different locations, even though most of my scenes were going to be with Eve.

I had just finished eating when there was a knock on my trailer door, "Come in," I call out not looking, since I'm still on the phone with Paget, "They have been saying that for years now Paget, if they do decide to make another series, you can count me in, if they ask me, of course," I said laughing a little, finally looking up to see Eve standing just inside the door of my trailer, unsure of herself, remembering what Paget had told me, I motion for her to come over and sit next to me, "I have to go, you try and get some sleep and I will speak with you in the morning, love you," I tell Paget hanging up my phone.

"I didn't mean to interrupt your phone call," Eve said from beside me, she seems nervous.

"It's fine," I tell her as I finish the last bit of my water, "let's get this over with," I said once I had finished drinking.

"Have you read it yet?" Eve asked looking at the script in her hand, shaking my head slightly, I pick up my own script off the coffee table, started reading it, it was enough of an answer for her, we just sat there reading over our scripts in silence, am not sure how long we were reading for, when I heard Eve let out a sigh, "Please tell me, what I have done that makes you hate me so much?" I could hear the emotion in her voice, oh she is good, I will give her that.

Without answering her, I stood up, "I was thinking about the dance, we have to do together, since they hadn't given us any instructions or guidelines, I was thinking we should dance the way Lady Lannister and Lady Stark are dancing before Princess Rhaenys asks to cut in," I explain to her, trying to stay professional by not letting my own emotions towards her get the better of me or to get in the way of the job.

"My character wasn't supposed to do any dancing in this scene, do you think you could show me?, what am supposed to do? Since I didn't go to any of the dance rehearsals," Eve asks me, I give her a slight nod.

"Lady Stark has her right hand on my lower back just about here," I tell her pointing to an area on my back, "her other hand is on my shoulder," once again pointing to the area.

"I'm not sure if that will work, with me being taller then you, let's give it a try however," Eve says putting down her script on the coffee table, as she comes closer to me, as she placed a hand on my lower back, pulling me closer into her, while placing her other hand on my shoulder, "See, it's not going to work, it looks and feels unnatural, it needs to look natural for this to work," Eve tells me, she is right, of course.

"The woman playing Lady Stark is shorter than me," I tell her as I don't know everyone's names yet, "lets try this," I placed my hand on her lower back after I move her hand to the middle of my back, while placing her other hand on my hip, then placing my own hand on her shoulder, "Much better?" I ask her, we dance a little together trying to find a nice rhythm, it was difficult as we both were being awkward, finally we got the dancing part down, I move out of her arms, feeling overwhelmed, "should we try it with the lines?" I ask Eve.

"yes, if you stand there, pretend you are dancing with Lady Stark, then I will come over and ask to cut in," Eve instructed me, pointing to the spot where she wanted me, I do as she asked, knowing she has also done some directing in the past, I stand on the spot and begin to prepend to dance like I would be dancing with Lady Stark, as I'm dancing Eve and I lock eyes, just like we are supposed to do, Eve slowly makes her way over towards me, "may I cut in?" she asks Lady Stark as if she was right there, I stop dancing, as we both realise that the next line would be Lady Stark.

"Why don't we skip over that part for now?" I ask Eve, she nods, for my next part, I do a little curtsy, "Princess Rhaenys," I say my line, Eve also does a little curtsy as well.

"Lady Lannister," Eve says her line, holding out her hand, we get back into a dancing hold, as we begin to dance, "I was sorry to hear about your husband Lady Lannister," Eve says her line perfectly, just because I didn't like the woman didn't mean I couldn't appreciate that she was a very good actress.

"Thank you, Princess Rhaenys," I said my line, "I was deeply saddened, when I heard news that you were passed over for the Iron Throne," I said my line, I wasn't sure if I had memorised it correctly, however if I had said the line wrong Eve didn't correct me or simply hadn't noticed.

"I am trying to put all that ugliness behind me," Eve once again delivered her line perfectly.

"Then I find myself apologising for bringing up a painful memory for you Princess Rhaenys," I'm happy with the way I delivered my line that time.

"Why so formal?" Eve asks the question that Princess Rhaenys was going to ask my character.

"How should I be Princess Rhaenys? We haven't spoken since my wedding day," once again am happy with my delivery, we are doing well.

"Wasn't it easier for us both? I love my husband, I know you did come to love your husband eventually, though the love I had for you, I still hold close to my heart, do I still have a piece of your heart or does Lady Stark have it now?" Eve moved her lips close to my ear like it says to do in the script, Eve steps back, not giving me a chance to say my line, "I don't think I should have my lips by your ear, I feel like our lips should be close together," Eve tells me, moving her lips closer to mine, at that i take a step backwards out of Eve's arms, in one way I think she is right, in another way I think she is wrong.

"It would be better for the scene, however, don't forget Princess Rhaenys husband, Lord Corlys is in the same room, she has to be careful, I mean do we even know if Princess Rhaenys told Lord Corlys of the love she once had for Lady Lannister?" I asked thinking out loud.

"We know that Lady Lannister, father forced her to marry, was it because of their love that Princess Rhaenys and Lady Lannister had for one another?" Eve asked, jumping on the same page as me.

"They love was forbidden? Maybe it's something we need to ask the writers," I told her while looking at the clock on the wall, "We should get back to set," I said not wanting to be late back on our first day, Eve nods slightly picking up her script from the coffee table, as she walks towards the door, I hated to omit it, we did indeed work well together, could I forgive her? Can we really work together?  yes we can work together, we had just proven that, Maybe I should just tell her, get it over with, than maybe just maybe we could move forward, yes am going to tell her.

"Nurse Jackie," it was out of my mouth before I had time to change my mind, Eve turned around slowly, I saw the sadness in her eyes, as she placed a hand over her mouth, she finally remembered me, "I worked on Nurse Jackie, we didn't have any scene time together, I never even had any lines, I was just one of the nurses who worked in the background," god this was a lot harder than I thought it would be, Eve let the script fall out of her hand and on to the floor, "I took the job because I needed the money, I wasn't getting much work, you were really nice towards me on my first day, everyone loved you," I felt the tears building in the back of my eyes, Eve took a step closer to me, hand still covering her mouth.

To Be Continued: