To kiss or not to kiss that is the question

Readers PoV:

After we finished our food, I finally turned off the TV before connecting Eve's phone to my blue-tooth speaker, before Eve and I made a playlist for us to listen too, I added some of my favourite songs to the list.

We kept the music low enough so that we could continue talking, I had to omit I was really enjoying getting to know eve and was glad I had decided to give her a second chance, as we talked Eve told me more about her time on the stage playing in show's both on the west end and on Broadway, her love and passion for the stage amazed me, we even talked about our worst and best kisses we had in our careers, of course my best kisses were with Paget both on and off screen.

We moved away from talks of our professional careers and talked about our families, Eve told me about her sister and her sister's husband, their children and how she wished she could see them more often, in return I told her all about my family and how I completely understood about not seeing your family as much as you would like.

"Right," Eve says slapping her palms down on the top of her thighs, "I need the toilet," Eve announces getting up, only to stumble losing her balance, falling on top of me, causing us both to start laughing.

"Are you alright?" I asked through my laughter.

"Yes, am fine, I just came over very lightheaded and a little dizzy all of a sudden," Eve explains getting off of me and back into a sitting position before trying to stand up again, only this time a little more slowly.

"It could be all that wine we drunk, how about I get us some water?" I ask standing up and feeling a little lightheaded and dizzy myself, I found my balance, making my way over to the fridge, taking out two bottles of chilled water, along with a can of lemonade to add to our wine.

I almost fall back onto the sofa, I giggle to myself as I place one of the bottles of water and can of lemonade on the coffee table, then opening the other bottle of water, drinking half of it in one go.

"I normally don't day drink, if I do have a drink during the day, it's normally one at lunch," Eve says stumbling back into the room, "Oh I love this song," Eve says pulling me up off the sofa, "let's dance," Eve says though she made it sound like I didn't have a choice.

We started dancing around my hotel room like idiots, Eve started singing along to the song that was playing, I recognise the song, though I didn't know the song well enough to sing along, however I don't think it mattered if I know the song or not as Eve only seems to know some of the words, soon the song changes to a slow song, without thinking about it, I take a hold of Eve pulling her towards me, intertwining our fingers together with our hands out to the side of us, with my other hand on her lower back.

Eve smiles at me as she places her free hand on my shoulder, as we begin to move in time with the song, since this song was my choice, I knew the words off by heart, I return Eve smile before placing my lips by her ear as I began to sing along to the song playing, for her part Eve untangled our fingers so that she could wrap her arms loosely around my neck, I continued to sing into Eve's ear as I place both of my hands on her hips pulling her closer into me.

After the song comes to an end, we pull back slightly to look at each other, even though the song had changed to an more upbeat song, I couldn't hear it, the only thing I could hear was the beating of my own heart, I had no idea what to do next, I couldn't move it was like I was frozen to the spot, it was only when I saw Eve's eyes look at my lips then back up a my eyes, that I felt butterflies in my stomach.

Eve seen to hesitate, like she was trying to decide weather to kiss me or not, when she slowly began lowering her lips towards mine, my breathing becomes very rapid, should I let Eve kiss me? I ask myself.

"Eve?" I whispered when her lips were only inches away from my lips, "We have both been drinking, I don't want to do anything we both might regret in the morning," I said taking a step back, thinking how far we both have come in these last few months, we have built a nice little friendship, something I never thought we could ever be.

"I understand, but what if I told you, that I have be wanting to kiss you for some weeks now? Though I came to accept that we can never be anything more than friends because of your relationship with Paget and that was fine with me," Eve stopped talking for a moment pushing her lips together in thought," now that I know you are single, that you may consider having a relationship with me? Unless you are thinking about getting back together with Paget, or if you can only give me friendship and nothing else, I will take it, because I'm so grateful you found it in your heart to forgive me and give me a second chance to make things right between us," Eve was babbling and show no signs of stopping anytime soon.

I stood there watching Eve as she continues to babble, I know I should stop her, should say something I just didn't know what to say or do, damn it why did I drink so much? What if I say yes to having a relationship and it doesn't work out, or we never see each other again after filming house of dragons apart from events to promote the show, that wouldn't be for a very long time yet! And what if I do end up going back to L.A after filming house of Dragons to start to film the new criminal minds, if it does get the green light.

When I realised Eve had finally stopped talking and was looking at me as she waited for an answer to her question, a question I didn't know how to answer, sensing I wasn't going to answer her anytime soon, Eve walked over to her phone, turning off the music.

"I should go," Eve says and with that headed towards the door, leaving me standing in the middle of my hotel room.

To Be Continued: