Chicken Salad & Law & Order

Reader PoV:

Eve and I had both decided we should order two bottles of wine, that way we would not need to order more later, we both also decide on the chicken salad, along with some chips and onion rings for us to share, we didn't order any dessert.

By the time we had ordered food, CSI had come to an end and Law & Order SUV had started, I had planned on putting on some music after CSI, however when I saw it was an episode I had started in, I left it on, I played a judge for two seasons, so that meant I popped in and out of the show for two years, I wasn't killed off and could be asked to return to the show at any time, I only left it on as I wanted to see if Eve would notice.

The first scene I was in, we had both missed it as we were busy ordering food and wasn't playing attention to the TV.

"We should put on some music," Eve says drinking some water.

"Thats a good idea," I said picking up my phone, then remembering I have turn it off, "Do you have a music app on your phone?" I asked, though Eve was famous for not knowing how to use her phone, if she doesn't that wouldn't be a problem, I could always download it on her phone for her and log into my account if she would let me of course.

"I have music on my phone," Eve says taking her phone out of her pocket and handing it to me, "Wait a minute,,, is that you?" Eve asked pointing towards the TV.

"Yes it is," I tell her with a smile, Eve reached for the remote control turning up the volume, so that she could listen, just then there was a knock at the door, I leave Eve watching TV, while I go and answer the door, it was our food, I place one of the bottles of wine on the table in front of Eve, Eve poured us some more wine, while I placed our chicken salads, chips and onion rings on the coffee table.

"Should we put some music on now?" I ask Eve sitting down next to her again, a little closer this time, allowing our arms to touch slightly.

"Absolutely not, I want to finish watching," Eve says picking up her knife and fork.

"For someone who doesn't even own a TV, you're enjoying a lot of TV lately," I say laughing.

"Blame Covid and Steve," Eve says taking a bite of her chicken salad, "and you," Eve added.

"Me?" I asked popping a chip into my mouth.

"Did you or didn't you put the tv on?" Eve asked me.

"Only why, I was waiting for you, it's not like I knew they were going to play an episode of Law & Order I was staring in," I tell her with an eye roll.

"Fair enough," Eve says picking up some chips, "Tell me about your time on law & order," Eve asked, I told her how nervous I had been on my first day on set and how welcoming everyone had been, especially Mariska Hargitay who plays the iconic Olivia Benson, I decided to leave out the part of how I had met Mariska years before when Paget had guest stars in one of the series, I had surprised her on set, they were filming on location at the park, Paget was filming a scene with Mariska.

Paget had been really happy to see me as we hadn't spend any time together in weeks, I'd spent the day with Paget & Mariska, at the end of the day, we had joined Mariska and her husband for dinner.

"In my second season on the show, we were filming a courtroom scene and Olivia was on the stand giving evidence, when I turn to her to deliver my line, when suddenly I started laughing because I couldn't look at Mariska, she had kept making me laugh for most of the day, we ended up shooting the scene with me looking at papers instead, because after the first time I started laughing, Mariska didn't help after that and kept pulling faces at me," I tell Eve remembering that day with fondness.

"Well Mariska sounds like a lot of fun to work with," Eve said with a chuckle.

"Oh, she is, I love her," I said with a smile, thinking to myself I owe her a phone call, as I hadn't spoken to her in weeks.

"Oh,,, so you two are together?" Eve asked, causing me to choke on my wine.

"What? No, I meant I love her as a friend," I tell Eve wiping the wine off my chin.

"I just thought with the way you say I love her, it sounded more than friendship, I didn't mean to offend you," Eve says.

"It's fine you didn't offend me; I would be honoured to date someone like Mariska, she is very funny, sweet, caring, sophisticated, loyal, so is her husband, I grateful that I'm friends with them both," I explained to her, adding the fact that Mariska was indeed married and to a man, he was a great guy, I got along well with him, however I was more Mariska friend then his, after the first time we met years ago Mariska and I had remained friends, even after Paget and I had broken up, she stayed friends with both of us.

"You're not dating? You know what sorry it's none of my business," Eve says drinking her wine.

"It's alright, you can ask, and no I'm currently not dating anyone at the moment, why do you ask?" I couldn't help wondering how we had gotten onto my dating life all of a sudden.

"Steve might of mention that you and Paget were dating or use to date, plus you two seen very close, I mean I don't care I have dated women in the past as well, if you two got back together and keeping it a secret, I understand I always try to keep my private life, private," Eve informed me, Steve really was a fan of the show, I mean it isn't a secret that me and Paget dated, I knew someone would eventually tell Eve, I was surprised that it had been Steve, I thought it would of been Emma as she told me once she loved mine and Paget story on criminal minds and she thought it was more special because we had been dating at the time in real life.

"I can respect that, so are you dating anyone?" I asked her, popping some chicken into my mouth.

"Fairs, fairs, No am not dating anyone, I hadn't dated in years," Eve informed me at that very moment, we both reach to for the last onion rings and ended up taking a hold of one another's hands, we looked at each other with a smile, neither one of us moving our hands back, "Why don't we split it?" Eve says giving my hand a little squeeze.

To Be Continued:

I'll not long re-watched the Law & Order SUV episodes that Paget Brewster started in & thought it would work nicely into this chapter/story, if you have watched the episode with Paget then you will know the scene in the park with Paget & Mariska.