CSI & Wine

Reader's PoV:

"Eve, oh wow, you really did cut all your hair off," I said after answering the door to her, I haven't seemed Eve without her wig, most of the time Eve would arrive before me and already in the process of having one of her many wigs, being put on, if she came into the hair and make-up trailer after me, I would normally be messaging with Paget or other members from the cast from criminal minds as it was starting to look like they was going to be a new criminal mind series, we were just waiting for the green light, so I would only look up to say good morning without really paying much attention to Eve before going back to my phone as I'm beyond excited at the thought of a new series, by the time I would put my phone down and start talking with Eve,  she would normally have her hair net on.

"Do you like it? I hate it, I have gotten so use to having long hair," Eve says touching her hair nervously.

"I like it, but didn't you use to have short hair?" I said referring to her time on nurse Jackie, we have never talked about nurse Jackie apart from that one conversation we had in my trailer when we started filming.

"Yes, but it was never this short," Eve said still touching her hair.

"It's hair, it will grow back in time," I said with a smile as I watch Eve continue to touch and play with her hair, in a way that makes me wonder, that if she kept touching it, it would somehow magically grow, if she had magic like her character Farah Dowling she played on that Netflix show Fate, I had only just watched it about two weeks ago, while I was away on location, it had been my day off and with covid there wasn't anything to do, apart from going for a long walk, so I had decided to  find something to watch on Netflix and Fate had popped up, at seeing it I remembered Eve telling me and Steve about it, of course Steve had watched it, he wasn't shy about telling everyone he is a fan of Eve's and was happy to be working with her, I had told Eve honestly that I hadn't seen it.

"True, however if we come back for a season two, I might need to cut it again," Eve says pulling a face that made me laugh, "So,,, are you going to let me in? Or are we going to stand here all day?" Eve says as she lowers her hand away from her hair.

"Oh of course, please come in," I said stepping aside to allow her to come inside, suddenly feeling very nervous again.

"Thanks," Eve says as she stepped past me.

"I haven't ordered any food yet, I was waiting for you so we could order together, however I did order us a bottle of white wine, I hope that's alright?" I asked as I closed the door, then followed Eve into the living area.

"White wine is fine, am not all that hungry just yet," Eve tells me as I pour her a glass of wine.

"that's fine we can just talk for a bit while we enjoy a glass of wine together," I said handing Eve her glass while picking up my own glass of wine.

"I see you already started without me," Eve stated trying to sound upset, but failed...

"Oh sorry, I should have waited for you," I felt a little bad now,

"It's fine, I'm only teasing," Eve reassured me while placing a gentle but firm hand on my upper arm, I smile softly at Eve in return.

"Why don't we sit," I gestured towards the three-seat cream sofa, when my phone buzzes letting me know, I had a new message from Paget, placing my glass back on the table I message Paget, telling her I was with Eve now and would talk with her tomorrow, I wish her a good night than turn off my phone, "Sorry about that, I promise you have my undivided attention," I said showing her I had turned off my phone than picking up my glass again.