Halloween Dance

Dad shakes me awake in the middle of the night.
"Honey!" He cries.
"Huh, wha-" I respond groggily.
"Look!" Dad says panicked. I sit up and see a computer screen.
"What?" I ask.
"Just look Max!" Dad whisper shouts. I look and see a message from Kyler on Sam's computer screen, it says he has something BIG to show her. I am still super confused.
"Why did you wake me to show me a message? And why do you have Sam's computer?" I question.
"I think Kyler plans on doing it with Sam after the Halloween dance, and I heard a buzz and decided to check it out," Dad replies.
"So? What does that have to do with me?" I ask quizzically.
"I want you to keep an eye on her at the dance tomorrow," Dad responds.
"Ugh, fine. Can I please go back to sleep?" I beg.
"Yes, good night honey," Dad mutters, leaving the room.
"Night," I mutter back before falling back asleep.

TIME SKIP

I arrive at the dance with Eli and Demitri. Eli is dressed as a plastic surgeon, Metri is a necromancer, and I'm Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games.
Miguel walks in dressed like a skeleton.
"Ooo, skeleton. Classic," Demitri says.
"Thanks, nice wizard costume," Miguel responds. I let out a little chuckle.
"I'm not a wizard! I'm a necromancer!" Demitri scolds.
"I'm a plastic surgeon... I fix lips," Eli mutters.
"I'm Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games," I say. I glance over to look over at my sister who is leaving with Kyler.
"Hey guys, I'll be right back," I mutter, walking in the direction Sam left in.
I run into my dad in the hallway and we silently walk to the room Kyler and Sam went in. We peak through the glass panel on the door and see Sam's hand when it shouldn't be. Dad and I burst in and Dad starts raging. Kyler explains he was just trying to give Sam a bracelet, but I didn't believe it for a second. In that moment I promised myself that I would watch Kyler like a hawk until him and Sam broke up.
Kyler storms off and Sam starts yelling at dad. I start walking away until I hear sounds coming from the boys locker room. I run in and see Miguel getting beat up on the floor by Kyler and his friends. Normally I hate physical exercise, but today I had to do something to save my friend. I run up behind Kyler and kick him in the back so hard that he falls straight forward. I know that in myagi-do you're only supposed to use karate for defense, but I'm not the type of person that listens to philosophy bullshit. I punch one of the other guys in the face and tear another off of Miguel who is laying on the floor bleeding.
After I've taken all of them out I rush over to Miguel and help him out of the locker room.
"How did you do that?" He asks weakly.
"My dad taught me and my sister, he said it was only for defense, but I will use it whenever necessary," I reply, walking outside. I see a man standing by a black car and drinking a coors banquet. He looks at us and rushes over.
"Miguel! What happened!? Who the hell are you?" He shouts.
"Some asshats beat him up, I heard the fight and knocked the guys out. My name is Max by the way," I explain.
"Johnny, Johnny Lawrence," The man replies "And uh, thanks for helping Miguel," He adds.
"It was really no problem, what else are friends for?" I say, smiling. His name! I know his name from somewhere. Wait... OH MY GOD! He is the one my dad beat in the all valley in '84! He doesn't seem as bad as dad said.
"Max! You should join our karate dojo!" Miguel suggests.
"Yeah, we're looking for new students anyways," Johnny adds.
"Sure, why not!" I reply. Miguel hugs me and we go our separate ways.