Kiss

The next day Miguel rushes up to me and tells me he can do karate again. We hug and then head to class.
During study hall we decide to go to the library. When we get there we are just chatting and then Demitri asks us what the best superpower would be, Miguel says super strength and I say telekinesis, he tells us we're both wrong, saying that invisibility is the best. Right as he is saying how good super speed would be Kyler and his goons walk in. They grab Eli by the chin and start making fun of him.
"Look at this freak! What girl would ever kiss him?" Kyler asks mockingly.
"I would!" I say without thinking. I grab him and kiss him. Everyone looks stunned when we pull apart, "Let's go guys," I say, walking out of the library.
I'm leaving school and Eli pulls me aside.
"Hey, about earlier..." He stutters.
"Hey, it was nothing! I just hate seeing you get bullied for something that's out of your control," I respond, an empathetic look on my face.
"Oh... yeah... well I gotta go, bye Max," Eli stutters, walking to his mom's car and getting in. Did I do something to upset him? Maybe I shouldn't have kissed him without his consent. I bike home, my mind on Eli the whole time.

A few days later there is this crazy rumor about Sam. I hate seeing this. Sam confronts Kyler about starting the rumor and thing start to escalate. Miguel and I intervene.
"Ha! Ready to get your ass kicked again with your lame ass karate?" Kyler mocks.
"It's not lame ass karate!" Miguel says through gritted teeth, " It's Cobra Kai!" He lunges and attacks Kyler, I take down his goons while Miguel faces Kyler head on. People start recording and we fight until a teacher pulls us away.
When I get home my dad is pissed. He explains how myagi-do is peaceful and I tells him I know, and I was protecting Sam and Miguel. I storm off and go to Cobra Kai to blow off some steam.
I hit the dummy as hard as I can until it falls over from the force. Then sensei walks over to me.
"Hey kid, you okay?" He asks.
"Fine, just pissed at my dad. He got mad at me for getting in a fight when I was just protecting my sister and Miguel," I sigh.
"I'm sorry, but I think that what you did was badass! I'm proud of you both," He says, smiling.
I thank Johnny for everything and head home. I shower and then read until my eyelids get heavy and start to drift off into the land of dreams. The last thing that I think about is Eli.