Just Me and Johnny

The day after the dance I tell my dad that I'm going to my friend's house. Really I'm going to Cobra Kai.
I walk into the dojo and see no one there, but the door was unlocked.
"Hello? Is anybody here?" I call out. Johnny comes walking out of a room from the back.
"I didn't think you were going to come," Johnny says.
"Well, I could use the extra training. Also Miguel asked me to," I explain.
"Well Miguel isn't here anymore," Johnny says sadly.
"WHAT! Why?" I shout.
"After he got beat up last night his mom banned him from doing karate and seeing me," Johnny explains.
"Well looks like it's just you and I then," I sigh.
"Alright, show me what you can do first and we'll go from there," Johnny commands.
"Yes sensei," I reply, getting on the mat. We spar for a bit until he tells me to stop.
"You're good kid, there's not much to teach you," Johnny praises.
"There's always more to learn," I reply. For the next few hours he teaches me some advanced moves and has me kick and punch the dummy to get an idea of my strength.
"You have a powerful kick, use that," Johnny instructs. I bid him goodbye and drive home.
I get home and immediately rush to take a shower. I can feel the sweat and grim rub off of me.
As soon as I get out of the shower I get a text from Miguel.

Miggy 🥊
Hey. I ran into sensei and he told me you trained with him. Did you have fun?

Me
Yeah I did. I'm sorry you can't do karate anymore, maybe I should come over and convince your mom!

Miggy 🥊
Actually sensei is talking with her and ya-ya right now

Me
Lets hope that sensei is convincing enough

Miggy 🥊
Lets hope

I turn my phone off and head downstairs for dinner. Dad made grilled cheese and tomato soup, yum. After training I really worked up an appetite.
We sit and eat dinner.
"So Max, how was your friend's house?" Dad asks.
"It was good, we just played board games and listened to music," I reply, my dad knows that's what we usually do.
"Did you hear that Cobra Kai re-opened?" Dad asks us all. I nearly choke on my food.
"What's a Cobra Kai?" Ant asks, I nod in agreement. I know that if I play dumb no one will suspect me.
Dad explains and I go upstairs. I search up the match of '84 when my dad beat Johnny, I watch the footage and see that Johnny's sensei tells him something. Then he fights dirty. He isn't bad, his sensei was. I see Mr. Myagi in the background and get emotional. I miss him, I know he wouldn't want me in Cobra Kai, but I feel more at home there. I brush my teeth and go to bed, falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.