Popularity

When Miguel and I arrive at Cobra Kai we see a swarm of people, the open the door for us and treat us like royalty. When we get in there we tell sensei what's going on outside. Everyone enters and we stand in a crowd.
"FALL IN!" Sensei shouts. Everyone looks confused, "Get in lines!" Johnny says annoyed. Everyone starts lining up in two lines, "Not like that!" Johnny screams, now angry.
"You mean rows?" Demitri asks. I'm surprised to see him here since the last time Miguel offered to come he declined and said he had better things to do.
For hours Johnny trains everyone else in the basics while Miguel and I spar on the other side of the dojo.
I say goodbye to my friends and head home. I face plant on my bed and think about all of the new people in Cobra Kai. This is great! Johnny wanted more students and now he has them... we have them. Johnny is like the father I wish I had. He is not afraid of anything and will fight for what's right, sure he's a bit old-school, but he is a good person at heart. Any kid would be lucky to have him as a parent.
I read until dinner where Ant steals all of the peppers off of my plate. I slap his hand and mom tells us to cut it out. We agree and go back to eating peacefully. Dad says he knows who spray painted the billboard, I choke on my food since Johnny told me. Johnny doesn't know about my family, but I still find what he did funny. He says it was Tom Cole, his rival car dealer. I am relieved to hear this so that I can continue doing karate with Johnny.
I shower and then lie down, thinking. About Eli, about Demitri joining Cobra Kai, about everything with Sam, about Johnny, about my dad, about everything. It takes me a while to fall asleep, but eventually I drift off and dream about being a karate champion like my dad was.