Chapter 7: Boss Battle! Yamada

It was only a short distance to the construction site from the mall. The Construction vehicles could be seen over the rooftops of the nearby building for several streets. Large cranes and loaded cement trucks were stuffed among the half covered skeleton of an uncompleted building, the entire premises blocked off by a tall chain link fence. Not that this helped ward off any of the usual trespassers, for as soon as the three of you got close you found the pad locked chain holding the gate closed cut and dangling limply.

You hated it the moment you stepped foot inside. The site was dusty, the kind of pervading feeling that felt as if the dust hanging in the air was digging under your skin the longer you were there. The pavement You walked on was crumbly, and a bit farther in you could see the road itself break off into an ungodly big sinkhole. The asphalt falling into the abyss beyond all sight, with only a hastily thrown up safety bridge letting one across to the other side of the site.

The posters advertising the construction company and safety procedures that lined the walls were once in good condition, but exposure to nature's elements and regular wear and tear of construction work made them dirty and torn on the edges. Old tools were thrown about uncaringly all over the place. But the absolute worst thing of all was the smell radiating of a row of port a potties tucked far off to the side of the entire site. As the stench drafted down wind you felt your throat tighten and stomach roll over on itself.

 As the stench drafted down wind you felt your throat tighten and stomach roll over on itself

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Pulling your jacket collar over your nose before the dust and smell got to much for you. A quick look towards your friends showed that at least Kyoko was as disgusted as you. The redhead gagging she tried to scrape off an old sticky styrofoam drink cup stuck to the bottom of her shoe off onto the brickwork.

Kyoko: Is this a construction site? It's so yucky.

Y/n: You can say that again, here let me get that for you.

You hopped over to her and raised your leg up, using the toe of your shoe to nudge the drink cup off. It took several tries as You kept nearly losing your balance and falling over until Kyoko placed a stabilizing hand on your shoulder. With that done you both rejoined Misako who was looking around for signs of Yamada.

Kyoko: You find him Misako?

Misako: Nah, haven't seen any sign of him.

Y/n: Maybe he's on the roof? Probably cleaner up there.

Misako: Hmm good idea, let me check.

Before you could figure out how she meant to do such she stepped forward and put her hands to her mouth.

Misako: YO MAGIC BOY, YOU UP THERE?

You had to put your hands over your ears as she without warning shouted up at the rooftop. Your ears rung for a hot minute from the the sudden spike in volume, but before you could lay into her someone yelled back.

Yamada: MY NAME'S NOT MAGIC BOY!

Misako: He's up there. Come on, let's go beat some info outta him.

Kyoko: Good plan, I think I can see the lift on the other side.