Chapter 8: All in the Mall

It wasn't long after the fight with Yamada and already the quest had hit another road bump as the three of you stood outside a large red shingled Asian themed building. The girls had taken advantage of your enamored focus on reading your new magic Grimoire to lead you to the crosstown dojo without your awareness. Now the three of you were in a stand off in front of its doors as Misako stared at you with crossed arms, with Kyoko backing her up while you gave the two a small disinterested glare from over the top of your book.

Y/n: No!

Kyoko: We didn't even say anything.

Y/n: You don't need to, I can smell the stench of exercise from here. I refuse to go into this gym.

Misako: It's a dojo not a gym and you are going in because we're going to teach you how to fight.

You gave her a bored look before slowly turning the page of the Grimoire.

Y/n: No thanks, I'm good.

Kyoko: Come on Y/n it'll be fun, and don't you want to be able to defend yourself?

Y/n: I know how to defend myself perfectly fine. I think my performance in all our fights today should show that.

Kyoko guffawed in disbelief, as a vein on Misako's forehead pulsing in annoyance as she watched you continue to disregard their idea.

Misako: You weren't fighting you were flailing.

Kyoko: And when not doing that you were running.

Y/n: Hmmm, my belt begs to differ.

You tapped the wrestling league belt that served as your makeshift purse strap. Your attractive black haired friend rolled her eyes in annoyance before planting her fists on her hips and leaning in to scowl menacingly. But as you were just finishing up the introductory chapter of the Grimoire, you didn't really pay any mind to her anger.

Misako: Oh, so you kick one furry in the dick and now your a badass. Well tell me miss badass, what would you do if I punched you right now?

Y/n: In order, drop to ground, curl into ball, scream like a bitch until help arrives to bail me out. If that fails run away.

Your friends stared at you in disbelief of your shameless admittance.

Kyoko: At least your honest.

Misako: And you don't think it'd be a good idea to get some better options? Ones that don't make you look like a weak little bitch.

Y/n: Meh, I am what I am. Besides what's the book is for, soon I'll be a witch and can use spells to punish my enemies and people that talk in movie theaters. Here watch this.

You flipped through the first several pages until finding a picture of a decently badass looking spell. Your eyes burned as you tried to read along and mumble out the incantation, your hand fumbling to replicate the hand gestures shown in the picture. Then with a dramatic thrust of your palm you aimed the spell up towards the sky.

Y/n: Eldritch Blast!

Kyoko and Misako struggled to not laugh out loud as your spell produced nothing except getting several people from the adjacent street to eye you oddly. You looked at your hand in disappointment before turning your gaze back to the book to see where you had made a mistake. The girls didn't feel like giving you a second chance though as they pushed the book aside and made you look at them.

Misako: Your learning how to fight so suck it up. With all the fights we've been in already, its for your own safety that you learn how to throw and take a punch.

Y/n: But I don't want to.

Kyoko: Oh come on it'll be fun! Me and Misako stop by here every once in awhile and it's a pretty fun time. Well except for the being aggressively manhandled by Misako part, or the getting sweaty and having your clothes get super clingy, or having to use the communal shower in the women's lockerroom. Those parts kinda suck. But other than that it's fun!