Chapter 10: A Quick Break for Tea Time

Despite your prior reassurances, it was not the girls who first regretted your idea of taking half an hour to explore uptown and it's many shops. No that honor fell upon your aching shoulders as you huffed and puffed and struggled to haul around the excessive weight of a massive purse stuffed full of gold. Every step you could feel the glittery metal weighing you down as you tried side stepping the hubbub of Uptown's bustling streets, all while keeping your eyes peeled for one specific neon sign you'd seen earlier that day.

Y/n: *panting* Where is it, I know I saw the sign for the arcade around here somewhere?

Misako: Are you doing okay?

Started by the sudden question, you nearly stumbled over yourself turning around to see Kyoko and Misako giving you concerned looks. Feeling your already flushed face heating up and not wanting to embarrass yourself infront of your new (and cute!) friends, you tried to play it casually by leaning against the streetlight pole and looking cool.

Y/n: Yeah, what makes you ask?

The two shared a quick glance, their eyes shifted back and forth between your red heavily panting face and each other. Eventually Kyoko started, at first trying to tread cautiously before just blurting it out all at once.

Kyoko: It's just that, well . . . you look like your gonna die.

Misako: And your sweating, like a lot.

The redhead shot Misako a brief glare, which the other girl shrugged off as your face erupted into an embarrassed blush. Feeling self conscious, you sneakily tried catching a whiff of yourself only to cringe at the heavy scent of sweat. Shaking it off, you turned to see Misako giving you the "I told you so" look.

Y/n: Would you believe me if I said I've been working out?

Misako: Considering we've been hanging out for the past three hours, No.

Internally you cursed and quickly tried to come up with something to say that wouldn't make two cute girls think your some kind of wimp, however before your mental gears could get turning the sheer weight of your handbag became to much. It's strap shifted, causing your knees to buckle as the entire bulk of your purse to swung and knocked you off balance. Just barely managing to clutch the street lamp and avoid falling over, you were left panting heavily for air as the girls gave you mirrored looks of concern. You blushed heavily as Kyoko stepped forward and placed a hand on your shoulder while giving you a soft caring smile.

Kyoko: You know I saw the sign for a cafe about a block back. You want to go there and sit down for awhile?

Between her pretty smile and the throbbing exhaustion in your arms and legs, you found yourself nodding sheepishly and being rewarded when her dazzling grin widened beautifully.

Kyoko: Cool, now here let me help you out.

Shimmying up next to you, Kyoko surprised you by ducking beneath your arm, making your cheeks glow a bright rosy pink as she propped you up against herself for support. Which left you practically dangling off her arm in a more romantically suggestive position than she likely intended. Rendered an utterly speechless and blushing mess, you couldn't do much more than close your eyes and enjoy being snuggled up against her as Misako watched with a raised eyebrow.

Kyoko: There we go. Misako could you grab her purse?

Misako: Sure thing.

Shrugging her shoulders and ignoring the strange sight of Kyoko draping you across her shoulder, Misako stepped forward and leant down to pick up your handbag. Wrapping her fingers around the makeshift strap, she tried tugging it up onto her shoulder without thinking anything of it, only to lose her balance and land painfully on her butt when the bag utterly refused to budge. Her surprised yelp caused your eyes to snap open and turn to her panicked as you remembered the gold stashed away beneath your schoolbooks and Ziggy.