Chapter 2: After Four Years With A New Member

Tenma's POV:

(Four years later...)

In the morning

In the morning... At the beach of Okinawa, Raimon Machine was parking beside the beach. We have a barbecue party. Nishiki went on sunbathing. Shindou and Kirino were doing barbecue on a grill. Kariya was swimming at the sea. Shinsuke was making a sand castle. Tsurugi and I were playing beach soccer. Among of us, there's a new member since some members of Raimon Mystery Inc. were quit. Her name was Mari. After me and Tsurugi played soccer, we're taking a short break at the juice stand with her.

"Tenma. Tsurugi. Perfect timing.", she called as she wave at us. "I ordered a drink for ya.", she also gave three glasses of juice for us.

"Arigatou Gozaimasu.", Tsurugi and I said in unison.

Mari has a glass of mango juice. Tsurugi has a glass of apple juice. Mine, has a glass of watermelon juice.
But, I picked our old photo in my pocket and just stared at it.

"What's wrong, Tenma?", Tsurugi asked.

"I'm just missed them so much since they're quit.", I answered sadly.

"Yeah. It has been four years.", Tsurugi replied sadly.

"But I felt sorry for you, guys.", Mari commented.

"But, you made us smile this whole time in four years.", I said to her. Then, three of us smiled to each other.

Third POV:

(Flashback starts)

Almost 4 years ago, (maybe 2 months after some members of Raimon Mystery Inc. were quited.)

In the morning at 10 A.M, Tsurugi was at the hospital to visit his brother, Yuuichi. While the rest was waiting outside.

At Yuuichi's hospital room. "I can't believe it that you can solve mysteries with just seven of you. I also felt sorry for you when the rest quited.", he said to his younger brother.

"Yeah. But, It's okay, Nii-san. We can handle it.", Tsurugi said with a smile at Yuuichi.

Tsurugi left at the hospital. At the same time, he heard.

"Oh man! Another mystery again?!", Kariya surprised.

"What's going on?", Tsurugi asked them.

"We have a new mystery.", Shindou answered.

"Well. You're just in time, Tsurugi.", Tenma said. "Ikuzo! (Let's go!)" The team got in Raimon Machine and leave.

Few hours later, the remaining members have arrived at a provincial village. A village where the villagers worship their guardian deity called 'Otori'.