Chapter 7: The Swamp Alien (Part 1: Alien In The City?!)

Tsurugi's POV:

(Flashback starts)

At 10:00 A.M., almost four years ago (5 months after Sangoku quited and 3 months since Mari joined Raimon Mystery Incorporated)

Me, Mari, Shinsuke, and Tenma were at the hospital to visit Yuuichi.

Mari, Shinsuke, and Tenma stood by at the hospital room door, while I was inside Yuuichi's hospital room.

"Kyousuke, how are you?", Yuuichi asked.

"I'm fine. And by the way, I have something to meet you.", I said.

I stared at Mari and nods up. Then, Tenma pushed her foward. Mari entered to the door and she walked to us.

"Nii-san, This is Mari. Mari Blake. The one I talked to you about. She made us happy since we met her.", I introduced Mari to my brother.

"Oh. So, you're Mari. I'm Tsurugi Yuuichi. His brother.", Yuuichi introduced himself. "Three months ago, after you guys solve The Giant Bird Case. Kyousuke told me about you several times.", he reminds.

I said to Mari, "He's the reason why I joined Raimon Mystery Incorporated."

"What happened?", Mari asked in confusion.

I explained our backstory.

"It's a long story. When we were kids, we're playing cops and robbers. Nii-san played as a robber, while I played as a cop. Sometimes, we're playing murder mystery. We're both dreamed to be either a police or a detective. One day, when we're playing soccer. The soccer ball went to the river. I was about to get it, but my brother noticed something. He saw a pterodactyl ghost on the post. The ghost pushed it away, which the post was about to fall. He rushed out to save me, but sadly, the post crushed his legs. I was angry at the pterodactyl ghost. I threw at him with the stones. The ghost was about to get me. Fortunately, there's a net caught the ghost right at the time. I was confused that what was going on. I saw something. There was three guys coming through and checked on us. It was the former members of Raimon Mystery Incorporated. When my brother was on the stretcher, we watched their live interview as they showed the ghost. When he said, 'The Pterodactyl Ghost is in fact...", he revealed the ghost as he uncover something. Turns out, it was not a ghost all along. It was a woman in a mask. It was our evil stepmother. We're both shocked. I was rushed into her furiously for what happened to my brother. Later, we're at the hospital along with the three members of Raimon Mystery Inc. The three men were Endou-san, Gouenji-san, and Kidou-san. I asked the doctor about my brother. He said, 'Your brother is fine. Unfortunately, he won't able to walk anymore until he get a surgery.' I was shocked and cried about that happened. Gouenji-san comfort me. All I remembered is it was my fault. And all I remembered is our stepmother was behind my brother's leg fracture. That's when started to resent to those fake monsters."

"That's was so sad.", Mari felt sorry for me and Yuuichi. "So, what will happen next?", she asked.

I answered as my explanation continues...

"Raimon Mystery Inc. took me in and taught me how to solve mysteries. While Gouenji-san visited my brother for me several times. When I became a member of Raimon Inc. with Gouenji-san retired as he became a private investigator. I swore myself that I will catch those fake ghost and monsters who make any chaos and I won't let them hurt anyone just like they did to my brother."