Chapter 4: The Storyteller's Warning

Third POV:

(Flashback continues)

The next day, at 7 A.M. Another villager is missing. Kirino, Shinsuke, Nishiki, and Kariya visited at the family who lost a member yesterday.

Shinsuke had noticed something on the roof, so he jumped higher to check. It was a piece of black feather. He got the feather and get down from the roof.

On the other hand, Kirino found a security camera near the house.

"It's not just one feather.", Shinsuke said as he gave a feather to Kariya.

"What do you mean?", Kariya asked.

"I saw more feathers on the roof.", Shinsuke pointed at the roof.

So, Kariya followed the tracks. It's from somewhere. It's from near the house. Until, he saw a clawprint and a pressure plate-like tile near with it.

"The giant bird kidnapped them because of that tile. If it is because of that tile, why that bird tried to attacked us even though without a tile.", Kariya said in his mind.

Nishiki's POV:

I comforted the family who lost a member. At the same time, Jiro had arrived to visit.

"I told you that you must leave before the monster will get you.", Jiro requested to leave.

"Why are you keep saying the same thing like that?", I questioned him.

"It's just for a safety.", Jiro said.

"You're just ship them away from here!", I said angrily.

"But, they're just so stubborn and kept refusing my offer.", Jiro replied. "Besides, they chose to stay with that old-fashioned thing."

I lost my temper for Jiro's previous words. So, I punched in his face furiously.

"Why did you do that?! That's rude!", Jiro said angrily.

"You are ruder than me! You disrespected their culture again!", I shouted. "If you keep messing up with them, then leave them alone!"

"You will pay for this!", Jiro said and leaves.

As he is leaving, I saw something strange. I saw a bruise on his ankle. I remembered something familiar as I remembered that Shinsuke used a device to paralyzed the bird's claw to free Tsurugi.

Third POV:

Meanwhile, At the same time. At Wakura Mansion. The trio, Mari, and Akihiro are in his office. Shindou showed them a letter from last night.

"He wanted to kick us out? Why?", Tenma wondered.

"I don't know either. I just saw a letter beside you.", Shindou said.

Tsurugi was reading a map of the entire village, while Mari was reading the book about the legend of the village's guardian deity, Otori.

Meawhile, back at the village. Kariya and Shinsuke was talking to the village's Otori storyteller.

"It must be the anger of Otori.", the old woman, who is a storyteller said.

"If the bird is angry, what those people have done with him?", Shinsuke asked.