I accept

Gl version of the last story.
This story takes place in the 20th century, during the First World War
____________

As I walked through the halls of my apartment complex, I couldn’t help but think of my best friend and how she had been acting so weird these past few days. As I got closer to my apartment, I saw a white paper envelope sticking out from my mailbox, which was attached to my apartment door. Curious, I sped up my walking and almost emediently got to my apartment.

I took the envelope in my hands and unlocked the door to my apartment before stepping inside, removing my shoes in the process. As I sat in my chair in front of my desk, I read the paper envelope out loud

Dear Violet,

            I hope you get this letter, as I am hoping that you won't reject me...
Violet... as you know, we have been best friends since high school, and throughout college, and to my knowledge, you are in to women...

I guess what I am trying to say and hopefully be respond positively, but I like you- I liked you since you entered my architectures class as a new student, I liked you since we became best friends, I liked you since we became sisters of our own, I liked you since you passed me in an exam and you were overjoyed, I liked you since... since, FOREVER! So please, please, please accept my confession...

                      Love,
          Your secret admirer,                      Chloe...

As I read the confession out loud, I smiled to myself, my bestfriend liked me, and for years since we became best friends , I liked her as well, but never had the gut to actually say it to her in person. I quickly grab a piece of paper from underneath my desk, and some ink and a quill for my writing, I have decided to write back...

Dear Chloe,

            Have received your letter greatfully, but before I answer your question, may I ask, how things are going there in Europe? Because as far as I have heard, the great war has taken its toll very likely... and yes, to your question- I have accepted your confession, as I myself have had feelings for you for quite some time now, and I just couldn't see myself as the first one to tell you my love, so I waited... but seeing your oh, so dear words I have fallen, fallen again for you.

Even though we are a continent away, I would die to see you, I would fight this god damn war to see you... I just wanted to say, I love you

                  Your dearest,
                      Violet...