5 ~ QUERENCIA

CHAPTER FIVE

ISINAMA siya ni Zacariel sa sumunod pa na araw sa waterfalls. They are using Hilux this time and they brought materials to build at least a shed to stay.

Siguradong babalik at babalik sila doon dahil hindi naman buong araw matatapos ang pagtayo ng masisilungan nila at pahingahin na rin kapag naroon sila sa lugar na 'yon.

She's wondering what to call to the waterfalls. Mas magandang may pangalan ang lugar dahil kakaiba 'yon at espesyal.

"Did you ever think about naming the waterfalls?" she asked when the car entered the forest.

Nakabukas ang bintana ng sasakyan kaya naman nalanghap niya agad ang malamig na simoy ng hangin at narinig ang iba't-ibang klaseng tunog ng mga ibon at hayop na naninirahan doon. Natanto niya na napaka-swerte ng mga ito dahil napapaligiran ng mga luntiang puno't halaman, mapreskong hangin, tamang sikat ng araw, at higit sa lahat, payapang paligid.

Sometimes, that's what people's need. To be in a place where you can feel the real peacefulness and the freedom, that you can't find even at your own home.

There was always a special place that would make you come back despite of the distance and the rough roads to get through it. And for her, she already found that kind of place that she would always think of going back. And that is the waterfalls.

"No," he answers shortly then maneuvered the 4x4 pickup.

Yelena couldn't help but to notice Zacariel's physical appearance. He really changed especially the aura around him. She can feel the wall that he built between them and at the same time it also make her feel that she can break that wall if she wants to, and he can't do about it if she did.

"Would you mind me giving the waterfalls a name?"

Zacariel glanced at her. There's no emotion on his face though. But even if he's silent most of the time, with just one glance at her, her heart really reacts violently.

"I wouldn't mind."

"Okay! Mag naisip na ako. I've been thinking about this last night."

"What is it?"

He stopped the car. Sa unahan ay nakita niya na ang payapang pagbuhos ng tubig galing sa itaas, pababa sa kumikinang at nagkukulay berde at asul na tubig. It's amazing how the water changes color depends on the sunlight.

"Querencia..." she muttered as she watches how the majestic water falls freely and endlessly.

It made him paused for a seconds before he looks at her again.

She forces a smile, hoping that he would agree to the name. But why not? It's a perfect name for the place. Because she felt free there... she felt like she found a home that she can be herself.

"Is that fine? Querencia means-"

"I know the meaning," the side of his lips curved up. "And yes, it's fine. Whatever you like, Yelena."

Her smile grew wider. Maybe the other reason why she likes to be in Querencia is also because she's with Zacariel.

While the place gives her peace, Zacariel gives her freedom without asking in return.

He never stopped her from doing what she wants even before. Kahit pa may mga bagay noon na hindi payag ang magulang niya pero kapag kay Zacariel ay pwede naman.

The feeling of having someone who will truly support and understand you is already a blessing for her. If only her parents and grandfather would do that, she wouldn't have a problem with her family.