16 ~ CASA ALTA

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

WHAT Yelena didn't expect is a call from her mother when they got back in Hacienda Guerrera. Her iPhone was turned off the whole time they were in Querencia. Kaya naman naglabasan ang text messages galing kay Santi at sa mommy niya noong binuksan niya 'yon.

"Mom is calling," she showed the screen to Zacariel.

Nasa labas sila ng kwadra. Pinapakain nito si Silencio. Habang ang ibang tauhan naman ay ang ibang kabayo ang inaasikaso.

Her iPhone kept on ringing. She doesn't want to answer the call because she's worried that her mother would only scold her or give her a bad news. Ayaw niyang masira ang araw niya.

"You don't want to answer the call?"

Mabilis siyang umiling. Nang huminto ang pag tunog ay saka lang siya tila nakahinga ng matiwasay.

Zacariel stopped from feeding his horse. He faced her to give her his full attention.

"I didn't tell you that I texted your mom yesterday."

She frowned. "What did you tell her?"

"I arranged a meeting with them."

Umangat ang kilay niya. Hindi niya rin maintanggi ang kaba na unti-unting kumakalat sa dibdib niya.

They already talked about their next steps but she didn't expect him to be that fast! Wala pang bente-kwatro oras ang nakalipas noong mag usap sila kagabi pero gumawa na agad ito ng hakbang para maayos ang suliranin niya.

"That's why my mom is calling me."

"She texted me this morning and invited me to Casa Alta tonight." That's their mansion!

Yelena's mouth opened a bit. Really? Her family really liked Zacariel Guerrera! Kahit na tinanggihan ang mga ito noon ng binata, para bang hindi pa rin nawala ng pag-asa.

"My parents really likes you."

He shrug his shoulders in a smug way. "Who wouldn't like me for their daughter?"

She leered at him. He's that confident that he could be boastful.

Who wouldn't like a man like him by the way? He's from a prominent and respectable family. He never had a bad records. He and his siblings are known for being polite despite of their status in life. And most importantly, Guerreras men are known as a one woman man.

Oh well, except Zacariel? Or maybe she judged her enough. That she thinks he's kinda likes more women? That she already created an image of him being the most playful and womanizer in Guerrera's clan.

"Ang yabang mo naman," aniya at umirap.

"We'll go there together."

"And after that, you'll go back to Manila?"

"I still have to arrange my schedule to skip some meetings or I'll probably do it online. So I can stay longer here."

Gumuhit ang malapad na ngiti sa labi niya. Dahilan kung bakit supladong nag-iwas ng tingin sa kanya si Zacariel.

"I can stay here while you're here."

"If your parents allows you."

"There was no reason for them to stop me. Besides, we will get married, di ba? Hindi pa ba nila ako papayagan na manatili dito sa hacienda?"

"We have to wait for their decision, Yelena."

"What do you mean? Paano kung hindi sila pumayag na tayo ang magpakasal? Ano ang susunod nating gagawin?"

HG 3: Slave of Darknessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें