17 ~ PRIORITY (SPG)

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

IT irked her to know that her family already made a deal with her groom-to-be without her knowledge. Even on that part, she has no rights to know all her family's decisions. Magugulat na lang siya na may napili ng lalaki ang mga ito na ipapakasal sa kanya. Then the next thing she discovered, they sealed a deal already.

Indeed that she has no control with her own life. She was raised to follow whatever her parents and grandfather told her to do without complaining about it. At kahit sa lalaki na makakasama habang buhay, ang mga ito pa rin ang pipili para sa kanya at ang masusunod.

The fact that she doesn't have control with her life gave chills to her body. It's scary to know that your life is being dominated by other people.

Paano nalang kung hindi niya nagustuhan si Zacariel at hindi rin siya nito gusto? Totoo kayang hahantong siya sa isang lalaki na ipinagkasundo sa kanya? Hindi ba siya gagawa ng paraan man lang para iwasan ang itinakda sa kanya ng sariling pamilya? O hahayaan niya ang sarili na sundin ang tradisyon nila kahit pa labas iyon sa loob niya?

There are so many things that clouded her head and as she realizes the things that's happening to her, she started to feel the anger that builds inside her chest because of her family's decisions and plans for her.

Dapat ay matagal niya nang tinanggap ang tradisyon nila dahil doon siya namulat. Ang hindi niya akalain ay ang magkagusto sa ibang lalaki at ayawan ang pagpapakasal sa kung sino ang napili para sa kanya.

Despite of the heartbreak that Zacariel Guerrera gave her, she's still wants him. She already forgave him because she believes with second chance. Aside from that, his reasons to refused to be involved with her family's tradition last year was valid. He is a man with dignity, he stood with his words and with his own rules.

Even though he knew that his decision would hurt her and would break them apart before, he's still stood with his words. And this time, he's making everything right as possible. He will ask for her hand with his own will and not because somebody told him to do it.

Alam niya rin sa sarili na kung sakaling hilingin niya kay Zacariel na pakasalan siya, hindi nito iyon gagawin kung hindi naman talaga nito 'yon gusto. She can't just force him to do things that he didn't want to do. Especially as important as marriage.

The reason why she was gratified and relieved when he decided to meet her family personally to tell his plans for both of them. It was such a breath of relief for her.

Umahon ng bahagya mula sa pagkaka-upo si Yelena nang matanaw ang tatlong lalaki na naglalakad patungo sa hapag kainan.

By the look of Zacariel, it seemed like he just got out from a business meeting with very important investors. Though he was always looked like in business-mode face, her curiosity to know what they had talked about inside the library is really kicking in. Kung hindi lang sana mahalaga ang hapunan na 'yon, tiyak na hinila niya na ang kasintahan palayo sa pamilya niya para lang malaman ang naging resulta ng pag-uusap ng mga ito.

Zacariel casually took the chair next to her. Sa kabisera naupo ang kanyang lolo. Ang magulang niya naman ay magkatabi at kaharap nila.

Yelena was so eager to open a conversation but she stopped herself because she doesn't want her family to notice that she knew Zacariel's plans. She forgot that she should act like everything is normal!

Their housemaids served the drinks and foods. Dalawa sa mga ito ay nakatayo sa bandang gilid upang madali silang daluhan kung may kailangan.

"Anyway," her grandfather put down his utensils and looked at them after a long while of silence.