Hierarchies

"Lady Penelope is on her way to greet you, My Lord..." Whispered Luis discreetly.

"I see. My knights shall take their leave and dispose of this crowd immediately.."  

"Per your wish, Your Highness... However, there is one.... Well...Request...." 

"Hm?" Chamenos cast a nonchalant look at the melodramatic Luis.

"They...Would wish to..." He blubbered in an oddly hilarious manner, making it clear that only Diomedes had the knack for such pleading.

"They want to celebrate Chamenos... Celebrate!" He interrupted Luis' senseless words with uncontrollable laughter, finding the unnecessary panic quite amusing.

"Diomedes?! You've appeared out of thin air!

The knights, like a bunch of overgrown toddlers, shamelessly clung to the Duke's uniform from every possible angle, pleading with him to persuade Chamenos to grant them some pleasure after their supposedly arduous battle.

"Ah... Are you fools even aware that His Highness can hear everything, right?! What's your idea of convincement at this rate?" Cringing quite flimsily, he glanced over to Chamenos' spot to confirm his approval with a soft nod, as if seeking parental consent for an absurd request.

"I'm afraid... In the midst of... My Lord has already made his grand exit..." Luis responded with an awkward smirk, his attempt at humor falling flat among the disappointed knights.

At that very moment, a deafening silence seized the front entrance, as if the knights' pleas had triggered a bird symphony, mocking their futile attempts.

Chirp...Chirp...Chirp...

"Ah, what a farce... Fine, go ahead... But don't pull any idiocy, I'm not up for cleaning up your mess!" Diomedes commanded with a heavy sigh, visibly fatigued, leaning against the wall.

"What a remarkable commander!"

"One of the best out there!"

"Not accurate! The only one, there is!"

"Indeed, indeed!"

The ecstatic men charged at the weary Duke, attempting to fling him around like a sack of potatoes, drenching him in their questionable version of brotherly love.

"These buffoons are going to be the death of me... Mark my words." Diomedes muttered, shaking his head in utter disbelief.

"Behold the epitome of camaraderie! A true spectacle for the ages!" Luis remarked with a dry tone and a smirk as he casually seated himself next to the grand fountain, promptly receiving a playful strike from the exasperated Duke. 

"Enough merriment, secretary! Extract these revellers off of me already!"

Meanwhile, at the other end of the castle.....

 As Chamenos was heading towards his guardroom with a servant of his, Duke Rosario caught  sight of him from across the staircase.

"Lady Penelope, please take a look to your right. His Highness is passing right there!"

"Oh!" Getting startled for a brief moment she began sauntering towards him quite lively.

"My Lord, Princess Penelope is approaching..."

On that notice, Chamenos somewhat lightly turned around to acknowledge her presence.

"Your Lordship, I am truly astonished by the triumphant success of your expedition!" Rosario  went ahead, greeting Chamenos with a discernible air of suspicion.