Day of Destiny

As the debutante's day rapidly approached, Themellia found herself consistently arriving home late, her hands marked with numerous scratches, and her figure had noticeably slimmed down. She painstakingly attempted to perfect the appearance of the curtains while other servants diligently focused on their assigned tasks. Sir Luis, too, was engrossed in his duties, sorting out paperwork, seating arrangements, and selecting musicians. Meanwhile, Princess Penelope was occupied with her own preparations, scarcely leaving her chambers as she had her gown and hair meticulously attended to for the big day. And Chamenos, true to form, was off on expeditions, maintaining his characteristic composure even in his absence.

"Ah" Just as Themellia collapsed onto her bed, exhausted, ready to drift off to sleep instantly, Lilliana spoke up, waiting patiently for her. 'Oh my dear, you've barely eaten. Come, I've made some porridge for you!'  Themellia rubbed her tired eyes, whispering, "Just a little... I'll rest for a moment..." The maid then offered her a gentle smile. "It's tomorrow, isn't it? Just one more day, and everything will return to normal."

On the morrow,

"At last, the day has arrived!" The tranquil halls of the grand castle were abuzz with activity from dawn once again, as a multitude of guests, including nobles from far-reaching kingdoms, converged to pay their respects. Among the notable attendees were the esteemed Countess lineage of Rosario, the influential North dukes of Salvatore, and the illustrious progenitors of Princess Penelope, the Marquess and Marchioness.

In the castle courtyard, Sir Luis personally welcomed each arrival, attended by a retinue of distinguished servants. The horse-drawn carriages arrived in succession, their symbols proudly displayed on the rims of their wheels. The city guards, keenly observant, greeted each arrival with ceremonial formality as they set foot on Astray soil.

"How are the preparations in the hall progressing?" Luis inquired softly.

 A servant observed, 'The stewards are managing everything quite capably. We only need to attend to the final touches.'

While the comment held truth, its significance ran deeper. Within the ballroom, where Themellia was diligently absorbed, an air of palpable tension hung heavy. Despite the minimal remaining tasks, the occupants were gripped by nerves, keenly aware of the scrutiny awaiting them by royal eyes. Their efforts became a frenzy of activity, driven by an unspoken desire to impress.

"Alright..." one of the stewards announced. "Everything appears to be in order. Ensure every detail is immaculate, and then we shall depart." Themellia, feeling uncertain about the perfection of her work, decided to seek advice from the head maid of her own quarter. "Excuse me, madam, could you please take a moment to inspect my curtains?" she asked politely. "Hm? Oh, certainly, let's take a look..." The woman stepped towards the towering windows, but upon gazing upwards, she froze, her eyes riveted ahead in a fixed stare. "She seems disappointed..." Themellia pondered, her frown deepening involuntarily. " You're new here, correct? This task is quite meticulous, yet it appears flawless. Not a single wrinkle... I'm genuinely impressed!"  Themellia couldn't contain her joy as the widest smile spread across her face, her heart instantly buoyed as if touched by sunlight. "Thank you so much!" 

In that moment, Sir Luis burst in, swiftly conferring with the butlers and urging everyone to quicken their pace and vacate the area. The time for introductions was imminent. "Excellent work, everyone! Following this event, you'll all find generous compensation awaiting you in your pay checks, as decreed by His Highness!" A collective wave of relief swept through the staff, exhaustion etched on their faces yet, "All hail the Astray Empire!" they chorused, their voices resonating with unwavering loyalty and deep satisfaction.